Unreal Engine is exiting due to D3D device being lost. (Error: 0x887A0006 - 'HUNG')

This actually worked for me. !!

Greetings, Ed. Would You mind to merge all the topics made by same Original Poster? Thereā€™s 5 of them!

For those who keep having this issue even with unchecking ā€œReal-Time Thumbnailsā€ get ā€œMSI Afterburnerā€ or other means to down-clock the gpu a few 100 mhz, this is almost always guaranteed to work. (tested it on multiple occasions, and suggested it to multiple people)

afterburner link: Afterburner

I appreciate the post Luos, If I see anyone else having issues Iā€™ll give them your suggestion.

Thank you!

disabling real-time Thumbnails have for the time being sorted out my crashes! Donā€™t know for how long but I am hopeful, really appreciate the input guys!

All things metioned above i have tried,still HUNG crashed. Iā€™m wait to solve the problem and continue to work :frowning:

gtx 1070
i7 6700

All things metioned in this thread i have tried,still HUNG crashed. I wait to solve the problem and continue to work :frowning:

gtx 1070
i7 6700

In an upcoming hot fix we plan to implement Nvidia Aftermath which should help us get to the bottom of these d3d crash issues.

I have the same problem: ā€œUnreal Engine is exiting due to D3D device being lost.ā€ I did all the above written - nothing helped. At me this error appears at opening practically any editor (the Skeletal, particles, a material). Without this it is impossible to work. You can put a cross on the project, which took a lot of time. If there is any solution, I will provide all the data about errors and their reproductions. Sorry, if something is not clear, I translate through Google.link text

Hi RuTzoT,

We are still investigating this d3d hung crash issue. If none of the suggested work arounds assist you I would suggest working in a previous engine version that doesnā€™t have issues.

Nvidia Aftermath has been introduced and we are still analyzing the data coming in.

Hey, I would like to add to this issue one thing, I have this same issue happening in 4.16.1 This Fatal Error happens if my Oculus Headset is Plugged in and I launch a game with Dedicated Server Ticked and as Single Proces. If I Launch game without Dedicated Server no Error occurs, Oculus Still Plugged in. If I Unplug Oculus I have no Fatal Error in DS mode. Fatal Error is happening Exactly after I try to close the New Editor Window and not on Start of the Play
Windows 10 64x
GTX 1080

Most of my steam games are giving me problems now. Crashing, giving me fatal errors left and right.

One error is this:
create_index_buffer:CreateBuffer failed.HRESULT:
2289696773=DXGI_ERROR_DEVICE_REMOVED:
GetDeviceRemovedReason() = DXGI_ERROR_DEVICE_HUNG

At
ā€œF:\BuildAgent\work\1358eaafe6731564\runtime\d3d11_render_de
vice\d3d_geometry.cpp:266ā€

Another error is this:
Imgur

Another error is this:
Imgur

Just what on earth is happening? Is there a solution yet???

, it helped me.

Iā€™ll write if something changes

We just finished a playtest with a shipping build of a multiplayer game with UE 4.17.1, one of the clients got a lot of these crashes:

210966-crash.jpg

I have encountered these errors every 2 minutes when playing Hellblade: Senuaā€™s Sacrifice whilst streaming via OBS Studio.
Mind you, I have done so many times before and nothing has changed in my settings. And somehow since today these crashes keep happening. I have tried all the suggestions in this thread, but nothing has prevented these crashes from happening. The only thing I could ofcourse not try was disabling the thumbnails, because I am not making a game. Just trying to play one :wink:

MSI GTX 770 Gaming GPU / i5 4670K

1 Like

How is this problem so common and still not fixed?

+1

this fixed it for us on a very heavy level that we were getting this crash pressing PIE

thats the solution that worked for me:

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\GraphicsDrivers]

ā€œTdrDelayā€=dword:0000000a

ā€œTdrDebugModeā€=dword:00000001

ā€œTdrLevelā€=dword:00000000

Also have this problem but only on some computers. Please help

Where do I write this?