Unreal Engine Game crashes only on Packaged builds (exception_access_violation 0xffffffffffffffff)

Hey, my game now crashes, changing the map when I play in multiplayer (listen server) but only when the game is packaged or when I launch it from from the project file (I have also tried with other people with Steam).
The game is completely playable directly on Unreal engine.

I tried multiple maps but it always crashes when I change maps with other players, I tried DirectX11 but that didn’t change anything.

The Listen Server/Host crashes but the client still loads the map but their player doesn’t spawn for like 30 seconds and then they go back to the main menu.

I use Travel Map, Advanced Session Plugin + Steam sessions

Here’s the error :

Unhandled Exception: EXCEPTION_ACCESS_VIOLATION reading address 0xffffffffffffffff

UnrealEditor_Engine!FSceneInterface::UpdateAllPrimitiveSceneInfos() [D:\build\++UE5\Sync\Engine\Source\Runtime\Engine\Private\SceneInterface.cpp:16]
UnrealEditor_Engine!`UpdateAllPrimitiveSceneInfosForScenes'::`5'::<lambda_1>::operator()() [D:\build\++UE5\Sync\Engine\Source\Runtime\Engine\Private\Components\ActorComponent.cpp:172]
UnrealEditor_Engine!TEnqueueUniqueRenderCommandType<`UpdateAllPrimitiveSceneInfosForScenes'::`5'::UpdateAllPrimitiveSceneInfosCmdName,`UpdateAllPrimitiveSceneInfosForScenes'::`5'::<lambda_1> >::DoTask() [D:\build\++UE5\Sync\Engine\Source\Runtime\RenderCore\Public\RenderingThread.h:209]
UnrealEditor_Engine!TGraphTask<TEnqueueUniqueRenderCommandType<`UpdateAllPrimitiveSceneInfosForScenes'::`5'::UpdateAllPrimitiveSceneInfosCmdName,`UpdateAllPrimitiveSceneInfosForScenes'::`5'::<lambda_1> > >::ExecuteTask() [D:\build\++UE5\Sync\Engine\Source\Runtime\Core\Public\Async\TaskGraphInterfaces.h:1266]
UnrealEditor_Core!FNamedTaskThread::ProcessTasksNamedThread() [D:\build\++UE5\Sync\Engine\Source\Runtime\Core\Private\Async\TaskGraph.cpp:758]
UnrealEditor_Core!FNamedTaskThread::ProcessTasksUntilQuit() [D:\build\++UE5\Sync\Engine\Source\Runtime\Core\Private\Async\TaskGraph.cpp:649]
UnrealEditor_RenderCore!RenderingThreadMain() [D:\build\++UE5\Sync\Engine\Source\Runtime\RenderCore\Private\RenderingThread.cpp:411]
UnrealEditor_RenderCore!FRenderingThread::Run() [D:\build\++UE5\Sync\Engine\Source\Runtime\RenderCore\Private\RenderingThread.cpp:537]
UnrealEditor_Core!FRunnableThreadWin::Run() [D:\build\++UE5\Sync\Engine\Source\Runtime\Core\Private\Windows\WindowsRunnableThread.cpp:149]

Greetings @DeltaLightGames

Welcome back to the Unreal Engine Community Forum. This specific error is usually something to do with the GPU rendering. (Hence why swapping to DirectX 11 usually helps) If that doesn’t help, I’d try resetting your NVidia Control Panel settings to global default if you’re running an Nvidia GPU. I’d also recommend checking out your RAM/Memory. That one falls a bit out of my jurisdiction. But, there are guides on how to test your memory/RAM with the Windows memory diagnostic tool out there. I’d start there if the GPU changes don’t resolve it. Let me know how the testing goes. I’ll monitor the thread.

Thanks for the quick response !

I have tried doing that but i am not the only one crashing, i have tried it with friends and they even tried without me, the issue is not correlated to my computer.

I have found the problem, the VOIP Voice Chat was still active when changing map, I have fixed it by disabling voicechat before changing map with “ToggleSpeaking 0” !

Great find! I’m glad you found a solution to this and also thank you for posting it here. That will definitely help others searching the forum who run into this same error. Have a great week and thanks for being part of the community!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.