Unreal Engine freezes when saving all

I was working on a 3D main menu, when all of the sudden my unreal started freezing whenever i hit “save all”.
So i created a fresh project and imported only the main menu stuff (a level, 2 blueprints and 5 widget blueprints. Nothing else). I started to do stuff there, but no use. It was still having the same problem after about 10 minutes after working in the project.
Now when i open the project again, modify a single item (for example move one of those starter cubes) and then hit “save all” again. It proceeds to freeze like before).

It doesn’t crash, but it freezes completely and i have to end task in task manager.

Using UE 5.3.2

2 Likes

I had this issue on saving widgets, it turned out if you have a breakpoint on something called from preconstruct in the widget blueprint, it would break on this internally on save and deadlock the entire save process, clearing the breakpoint fixed it.

1 Like

Thank you! I was experiencing the same problem, and I didn’t have a clue what might be causing it. Deleting the breakpoints in PreConstruct solved the problem.