Unreal Engine Errors When Packaging For HTML5

Hi there,

I am getting some errors when trying to package a game for HTML5. I’ve filtered the log for just the errors and was hoping I could get some pointers at the very least to get me going on fixing these:

LogStreaming: Warning: Failed to read file '../../../Engine/Platforms/XXX/Engine/Content/Launcher/Platform_XXX_24x.png' error.
LogStreaming: Warning: Failed to read file '../../../Engine/Platforms/XXX/Engine/Content/Launcher/Platform_XXX_128x.png' error.
LogStreaming: Warning: Failed to read file '../../../Engine/Platforms/XXX/Engine/Content/Launcher/Platform_XXX_24x.png' error.
LogStreaming: Warning: Failed to read file '../../../Engine/Platforms/XXX/Engine/Content/Launcher/Platform_XXX_128x.png' error.
LogEngine: Error: Engine config value CustomTimeStepClassName '/Script/SmartTimeStep.SmartTimeStep' is not a valid class name.
MapCheck: Map check complete: 0 Error(s), 0 Warning(s), took 0.435ms to complete.
UATHelper: Packaging (HTML5):   LogEngine: Error: Engine config value CustomTimeStepClassName '/Script/SmartTimeStep.SmartTimeStep' is not a valid class name.
PackagingResults: Error: Engine config value CustomTimeStepClassName '/Script/SmartTimeStep.SmartTimeStep' is not a valid class name.
UATHelper: Packaging (HTML5):   LogInit: Display: Warning/Error Summary (Unique only)
UATHelper: Packaging (HTML5):   LogInit: Display: LogEngine: Error: Engine config value CustomTimeStepClassName '/Script/SmartTimeStep.SmartTimeStep' is not a valid class name.
UATHelper: Packaging (HTML5):   LogInit: Display: Failure - 1 error(s), 57 warning(s)
UATHelper: Packaging (HTML5): ERROR: Cook failed.
UATHelper: Packaging (HTML5): AutomationTool exiting with ExitCode=25 (Error_UnknownCookFailure)
PackagingResults: Error: Unknown Cook Failure

I am using a version of Unreal Engine 4.27 that I compiled from source to include the HTML5 compatibility. I tested it with the basic 3rd person template, and it packed to HTML5 perfectly. I think it’s just my project that is causing it issues.

I tried to go to …/…/…/Engine/Platforms/XXX/Engine/Content/Launcher, but the content folder is missing. Is there a place where I can download the missing folders?

Also, I got a lot of “_______ is not a valid class name.” I’m not exactly sure where to go to fix that, but maybe one of you have experienced that error before.

Would appreciate any advice or pointers on this.
Thanks!

Update: I found the fix. There were references of a plugin that wasn’t being used in the code. I searched my folders for “SmartTimeStep”, removed any reference of it in the code, packaged again and it worked. For anyone wondering, this was with the template ‘Object Placer’ from the Unreal Engine market place. The developer was very helpful in assisting me to solve this rare issue that only would arise with this specific use.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.