Download

Unreal engine - EOS SDK

Greetings,

I was hoping someone might be able to clarify a bit of how well will the EOS SDK work with dedicated servers, for example if I have a game running on a dedicated server, will I be able to use the features advertised. So if I have a Multiplayer game, Hosted on a dedicated server, that will be running the matchmaking and lobby services… is it at that point that I might be able to start benefiting from the SDK, so that when the server is notify of a player joining, it can then start the process of Calling the CreateLobby functions inside the Lobby interface and so on?

Managing Lobbies is quite a task… more so when the vision I have in mind requires for the Dedicated server (Master) to open up other Servers (Lobbies) and then have the party travel to the game map. Not to mention the matchmaking for already Queued up parties and such.

Anywho, I might be really wrong here but I would like to know if its going to be worthwhile to download it and give it a try.

Anyways thanks for your time !

You will still need to build the game-specific layer of your online system yourself, the same way you would with any other online subsystem. Subsystems (and EOS) are simply interfaces between your game and an online service of some kind, and they are generic by design.

I’m also looking for a better explanation of using EOS with Unreal.

@TheJamsh Thank you, so pretty much everything stays the same in regards on how I create the main server and have lobby servers set up. Thanks for the info!