Unreal Engine Editor Build Error (Ambiguous Symbol?)

I’m getting this error list when building:

Severity Code Description Project File Line Suppression State
Warning CS8602 Dereference of a possibly null reference. UnrealBuildTool C:\Users\Henkilö\source\repos\ue\Engine\Source\Programs\UnrealBuildTool\System\XmlConfig.cs 639 N/A
Error C2872 ‘FD3DGPUProfiler’: ambiguous symbol UE5 C:\Users\Henkilö\source\repos\ue\Engine\Source\Runtime\Windows\D3D11RHI\Private\D3D11RHIPrivate.h 945
Error C2872 ‘FD3DGPUProfiler’: ambiguous symbol UE5 C:\Users\Henkilö\source\repos\ue\Engine\Source\Runtime\Windows\D3D11RHI\Private\D3D11RHIPrivate.h 1059
Error MSB3073 The command …..\Build\BatchFiles\Rebuild.bat -Target=UnrealEditor Win64 Development -Target=ShaderCompileWorker Win64 Development -Quiet -WaitMutex -FromMsBuild exited with code -1. UE5 C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio\2022\Community\MSBuild\Microsoft\VC\v170\Microsoft.MakeFile.Targets 50

This is my first time building unreal engine, I have done stuff like followed github build instructions, tried the stuff this person recommends https://dev.epicgames.com/community/learning/tutorials/k8Ve/unreal-engine-how-to-build-the-unreal-editor-github here and installing Visual Studio from the fresh to include only the things I want for unreal engine to avoid conflicts and such. I have very little experience in building things in c++ anyway, I get that the ambiguous symbol is somekind of conflict between two or more symbols being found by the same name, but the repo is the release repo, no modifications whatsoever so I guess I’m doing something wrong rather than the code being corrupt, but none of the articles I can find provide me any clues and they’re year old the least anyway.

1 Like