Unreal Engine Dropdown not working

I have a setup with 2 monitors. I have one DVI cable running to my graphics card and one DVI cable running to my mainboard (ASRock H87 Pro4). Because of a Bios setting, the monitor connected to the mainboard can run on Intel HD graphics, while the other runs on the graphics card. However Unreal Engine’s dropdown menus are not working on the screen connected to the mainboard, but they work just fine on the other monitor.

For example if I wanted to set the Default Pawn of my BP_GameMode, and I would click on the dropdown on the mainboard monitor, the dropdown does not show up at all. Although I somtimes manage to click on the invisible dropdown menu and select an item.

I guess I should just get an adapter, so I can connect both screens to the graphics card, but I thought it wouldn’t hurt to let you know anyway, even if you don’t fix it.

Cheers, and have a nice day =)

Hello ,

What operating system are you using? There have been a few reports of issues similar to this that were actually caused by the UI scaling in either Windows 8 or Windows 10. This feature didn’t exist in Windows 7 and prior. If you are on one of those versions, please try setting the UI Scaling for each monitor to 100% and see if you get the same results. I’ll be trying to reproduce this soon as well. While it is a niche case and getting an adapter will be better in the long run, it’ll still be good to get reported.

Hi Matthew,

I am on Windows 10 and the UI Scaling already is on 100%.

Unfortunately I’m not getting the same results with integrated graphics. Have you had a chance to try plugging both of your monitors into your primary GPU to ensure that it is indeed related to the integrated graphics?

I just tested it with the cables switched and it is definately only happening on the monitor connected to the mainboard and not on the monitor connected to the primary GPU.

I also noticed that the dropdown actually does work sometimes on the mainboard screen, when I just opened the window or tab, but stops working shortly after.

Please let me know if there is anything else, you want me to test :slight_smile:

I had the same problem. I had both of my monitors in one graphic card, with DVI and HDMI.
Solved the problem with connecting both of my monitors to my second graphic card.

Hello ,

Unfortunately this set up isn’t something we support as it isn’t a very stable way of setting up multiple displays. I would suggest getting the adapters necessary to connect both of your monitors to your GPU rather than having to connect one to your integrated graphics.

Have a nice day!

In my case, the nvidia gpu doesn’t support my 4k monitor, so I would have to buy a new gpu in order to have functional drop-downs?

What graphics card you using, maja? Please keep in mind that it also may be based off the connection that you’re using as a single link DVI cable is incapable of rendering at 4k 60hz. Are you sure that you’re using either a duallink DVI, Display Port 1.2, HDMI 2.0, or higher? Unfortunately either way we don’t support the setup of plugging the monitors into separate rendering devices but I would like to try to help you as much as possible.

I have the same Prob with 1 Card Gtx970 and 2 Monitors.

But If i clicked some drop down window it comes nothing BUT !!! If I changed the MAin Position of the EngineWindow the sub Menu comes!!!.
Maybe is a prob from Windows.
I have Windows 10 and this Probs only comes with the latest WIndow Preview Build 14915 rs.

Hello Parnom,

You’re right to assume that the Windows version is the problem. You can find another report from another user over here where I’m investigating this issue. Please follow that post for updates on what is happening with this particular bug.

In short, you can add -opengl or -D3D12 in the launch arguments to resolve this issue. It worked for me.