Who are we?
CadMakers is a construction and manufacturing technology company founded in 2014 and headquartered in Vancouver, Canada with its first branch office in Tokyo, Japan. Working with some of the most progressive brands from across the globe and containing a cross-functional team of elite engineers and technical talent, CadMakers combines services and software in a distinct way to challenge and solve the industries’ largest problems. Our company values: We are Innovative, we are Hard-working, we are Humble, we are Customer-focused, we value Performance and we are a TEAM. We are CadMakers!
What we do?
Our team of elite cross-functional engineers and software developers work each and everyday towards our mission to offer our construction and manufacturing customers an interconnected digital solution that automates the creation, simulation, validation, and knowledge retention of their projects. The way we achieve this mission is to partner with our customers to mix and match:
- Services: Cutting-edge virtual construction/manufacturing and digital fabrication services.
- Software Product Development: We are bringing to market the cmCore.io cloud productivity platform.
What’s the role?
This role will use Unreal Engine to develop software to create immersive VR experiences for the construction, engineering, and fabrication industry. As a key member of our software development team, the primary responsibility of this role will be to use the C++ API and Blueprint to implement innovative functionalities to create new VR applications.
- As part of the development team, the Unreal Engine Developer will be primarily responsible for:
- Writing C++ code and effectively managing code versioning and documentation
- Enhancing the functionality of CadMakers’ VR experiences using Unreal Engine
- Building scalable Blueprint templates within Unreal Engine
- Ensuring functionality and optimal performance of features on multiple platforms
- Keeping up to date with the technological advancements in VR development
Desired Skills and Experience:
- 1-3 years working experience within Unreal Engine
- Previous experience working with Blueprints and C++ in Unreal Engine required
- Working knowledge of C++ programming
- Proficiency in application of 3D math and computer graphics an asset
- Familiarity using version control (Perforce or Git) in the context of Unreal Engine
- Experience with Python or Blender would also be considered an asset
- Knowledge of Visual Studio a plus
- A detail oriented person with the drive to work in a dynamic, challenging and fast-growing company
- Bachelor/Diploma in Computer Engineering, Computer Science, or other related discipline
Why Work with Us?
Here are a few reasons why we think working here is a good idea:
- Career Growth – Start making an impact right away within a growth-stage company with strong upward potential. Your skills will directly impact the trajectory of this company, allowing you to grow your career in a fast-paced, exciting work environment.
- Creative and Innovative Environment – Challenge the status quo! We want you to bring your ideas for automation and optimization of everything. We hold innovation/exploration days regularly to trade ideas, learn and create new R&D projects.
- **Ownership of Projects **– We want great people that want to take ownership of projects, make decisions and deliver great work to our clients.
- Fun Environment – Work hard and play hard. We are in business to build a great company, collaborate with amazing customers and have fun.
Intested? Apply Here!