Unreal Engine Crashes After Volume And Level Change

My game has a main menu with an options menu where the user can change the main, music and SFX volumes with a slider. The game works normally if I do not touch the sound settings and when I hit ‘play game’, the game runs normally. But when I added the functionality to change the volume with the sfx slider, my game will crash with the following report:

LoginId:68f4622746f3cf0a33fa5ab956be876e
EpicAccountId:c5aa50d1ed8848edb8a5a1c95a80a915

Assertion failed: IsValidIndex(Index) [File:D:\Build++UE4+Release-4.17+Compile\Sync\Engine\Source\Runtime\Core\Public\UObject/NameTypes.h] [Line: 356] IsValidIndex(-572662307)

UE4Editor_Core!FDebug::AssertFailed() [d:\build++ue4+release-4.17+compile\sync\engine\source\runtime\core\private\misc\assertionmacros.cpp:349]
UE4Editor_Core!FName::GetDisplayNameEntry() [d:\build++ue4+release-4.17+compile\sync\engine\source\runtime\core\private\uobject\unrealnames.cpp:894]
UE4Editor_Core!FName::ToString() [d:\build++ue4+release-4.17+compile\sync\engine\source\runtime\core\private\uobject\unrealnames.cpp:916]
UE4Editor_Core!FName::ToString() [d:\build++ue4+release-4.17+compile\sync\engine\source\runtime\core\private\uobject\unrealnames.cpp:907]
UE4Editor_CoreUObject!UObjectBaseUtility::GetName() [d:\build++ue4+release-4.17+compile\sync\engine\source\runtime\coreuobject\public\uobject\uobjectbaseutility.h:355]
UE4Editor_Engine!FAudioDevice::RecursiveApplyAdjuster() [d:\build++ue4+release-4.17+compile\sync\engine\source\runtime\engine\private\audiodevice.cpp:1682]
UE4Editor_Engine!FAudioDevice::ApplyClassAdjusters() [d:\build++ue4+release-4.17+compile\sync\engine\source\runtime\engine\private\audiodevice.cpp:2097]
UE4Editor_Engine!FAudioDevice::UpdateSoundClassProperties() [d:\build++ue4+release-4.17+compile\sync\engine\source\runtime\engine\private\audiodevice.cpp:2190]
UE4Editor_Engine!FAudioDevice::Update() [d:\build++ue4+release-4.17+compile\sync\engine\source\runtime\engine\private\audiodevice.cpp:3169]
UE4Editor_Engine!TGraphTask::ExecuteTask() [d:\build++ue4+release-4.17+compile\sync\engine\source\runtime\core\public\async\taskgraphinterfaces.h:785]
UE4Editor_Core!FNamedTaskThread::ProcessTasksNamedThread() [d:\build++ue4+release-4.17+compile\sync\engine\source\runtime\core\private\async\taskgraph.cpp:650]
UE4Editor_Core!FNamedTaskThread::ProcessTasksUntilQuit() [d:\build++ue4+release-4.17+compile\sync\engine\source\runtime\core\private\async\taskgraph.cpp:559]
UE4Editor_Engine!FAudioThread::Run() [d:\build++ue4+release-4.17+compile\sync\engine\source\runtime\engine\private\audiothread.cpp:157]
UE4Editor_Core!FRunnableThreadWin::Run() [d:\build++ue4+release-4.17+compile\sync\engine\source\runtime\core\private\windows\windowsrunnablethread.cpp:76]

Sometimes, (maybe a third of the time) it will run fine when I start the game level and I have a function that will print what volume the SFX slider is and it says ‘1.0’ when I set it to ‘0.0’ before launching. But when I quit to the main menu level, the game will crash with the above crash report.

Did you ever solve this? I’m attempting the same thing in 4.20.3 and I’m getting a similar although not exactly the same error.

My thread https://answers.unrealengine.com/questions/831313/error-runnable-thread-audiothread-crashed.html?childToView=831478#answer-831478