Unreal Engine code plugin distribution on FAB

Hey!

I (and probably many developers) have a few questions regarding the distribution / submission process for Unreal Engine code plugins on FAB. The documentation and guidelines did not cover this part unfortunately.

1. Previously on the Unreal Marketplace we only had to provide the C++ source files for code plugins because the UE marketplace team was responsible for building the plugin from source. Will this remain the same on FAB?

2. Previously on the Unreal Marketplace only the three latest engine versions were supported. We could not push updates for older engine versions. Will this change on FAB? If so, will we have to provide binaries for these older engine versions ourselves?

Thank you!

P.S. I have submitted a support request to the Unreal Marketplace team as well. I’ll update this topic when I receive an official response.

3 Likes

This was the official response from the Unreal Marketplace Team:

At this time, plugins are still restricted to the three latest engine versions on initial submittal.

Unreal Engine-generated Binaries and Intermediate files are not required.

1 Like

Hi @STRiFE.x . Did the response from the UE Marketplace team answer your questions?