Geodesic is a company that develops integration tools for new technologies and gaming platforms for Unreal Engine. Our goal is to help companies and developers create amazing experiences that push gaming and digital interaction to the next level. We see game engines as the tool of the future for creating any interactive digital experience and we believe that by providing integrations with new hardware technologies we will be able to merge both our physical and digital world to one.
We have worked with numerous cutting edge technologies including, eye tracking, hand tracking, 3D spatial audio, AI, 3D rendering, and haptic technology, and have experience with the game development work-flow and developers needs. This allows us to provide users with the most important and intuitive interface to seamlessly integrate any hardware device with popular game engines.
What you’ll do ?
Development Unreal Engine Editor Tools and UI for Virtual Production and UE4 advanced projects.
In this role, you will
- Designing and implementing tools plugins and modules for UE4 Virtual Production, integration, and advanced project.
- Designing and implementing user interfaces for the editor
- Bug fixing and maintaining the plugins code base
- Analyzing and fixing common problems in plugins and modules such as memory usage, and performance problems, frame rate.
What we’re looking for
- Excellent C++ programming skills
- At least 3 years of Unreal Engine C++ experience
- Experience developing in a large codebase, ideally experience designing and implementing a tool from the ground up
- Knowledge of networking, rendering, and other systems impacting quality and performance
- Ability to listen to feedback and collaborate with others to come up with creative solutions to challenging designs
- Must work well in a team environment with both programmers and artists
- Passion for new technology and Unreal Engine C++ development
- Familiarity with engine modules and engine source code. Ability to read and recycle engine source code in your projects
- Understanding of Unreal Engine code architecture
- Developed one or preferably more Unreal Engine code plugins
- Willingness to take on difficult programming challenges with no documentation
- Project portfolio with code samples you can provide
- Fluent in English