Unreal Engine Android Package Build: Underexposed Camera Preview Issue

Hello Unreal Engine community,

I’m encountering an issue with the Android package build of my project. After installing the app on my Android device, I noticed that whenever the camera access is initiated within the app, the preview appears significantly underexposed, resulting in poor visibility and clarity.
Actually I was learning AR and so after building package and installing that APK on my android device, as soon as I open that APK it directly access camera and the result of exposure is very poor. I tried installing that same APK on another android device but no luck. I have no clue why this is happening, any guidance is much appreciated.

Details:

Platform: Android (Techno POVA)
Unreal Engine Version: 5.0

Observations:

The issue occurs consistently whenever the camera is accessed within the app.
The problem is specifically related to the camera preview, as the captured images/videos are properly exposed.

Additional Information:

The Android device I’m testing on is Techno POVA 5 Pro 5G and android version 13

Video: Screen_Recording_20240331_200653.mp4 - Google Drive
In the video you will see that I tracked that image as my base to spawn my animated dragon, and also the exposure quality.

I presume you’re using augmented images tracking method. I would like to recommend to enable light estimate in UE. Also AR needs to be meet it’s environment requirements like good light, non reflictive surfaces and so on.

And talking of failing to install on other phone. It may vary many reasons. SDK compatible or ARCore compatible one. For more list of supported ARCore devices from official blog please check out ARCore supported devices  |  Google for Developers