Unreal Engine and Unreal Tournament freezes my IPTV televise

Hey,
I have a problem with Unreal Engine and Unreal Tournament.
I have IPTV in my home with two television boxes from MEO, one on dining room and other on living room, and every time I open Unreal Engine 4 or Unreal Tournament Editor in my computer on my room, every two minutes my two televisions freezes for 30 seconds. I guess is some connection/port that it makes.
Video: http://sendvid.com/828c53q2
Thanks!

Hi Jakuya,

• Can you post a copy of your dxdiag?
  • In addition, what is your download and upload speed on your IPTV?
  • Is it a part of an overall ISP package that would include your traditional internet services?
  • Do any other programs cause this to occur or is it limited to UE4 and Unreal Tournament?

Hi ,
I use OSX 10.11.3, I have 24mb download and 1 upload. Yes, the package is TV, Phone and Internet, is just limited to Unreal Engine 4 and Unreal Tournament, the same occurs in Windows and in other computer too.
Thanks!

Ok, I guess the problem is in Epic Launcher, because I had it open and my TV was going down :stuck_out_tongue:

Does this happen if you open the launcher in offline mode? It sounds like the editor is simply taking up bandwidth that your tv was utilizing. Does the editor interrupt your phone service as well or is it limited to the tv?

Yes it still happens with launcher in offline mode. Is limited to television, my ISP said that is some port or application causing that problem.

Bumpppp :frowning:

Hi Jakuya,

Please do not bump threads that have not gone unanswered for 4 or more days, this clutters the answerhub and makes it difficult to parse through. In regards to your post, try the solution suggested here and see if it helps address the issue:

Hi,
I didn’t know I’m sorry.
I did that, I tried open Launcher in offline mode too but didn’t work.
I have the same router and ISP of that boy in the post.
Thanks!

Hey Jakuya, I suspect that the multicast implementation in the modem is bad as this seems to happen only with certain chip sets. Unfortunately, we have not been able to reproduce it in the lab. Apparently only specific combinations of modems and smart TVs are affected (we had only three reported cases over the course of the last 12 months).

Could you do me a favor and provide me with the following details?

• brand, type and serial number of your router
  • brand, type and serial number of your TV boxes

Thanks!

Also, to exclude the possibility that the UDP network port is being used by your tv box, please try to temporarily change the port number that the message bus in the Launcher uses. You can do this as follows:

1. Shut down the Launcher
  2. Open the file c:\Users[YourUsername]\AppData\Local\EpicGamesLauncher\Saved\Config\Windows\Engine.ini in Notepad or a text editor of your choice (replace [YourUserName] with your Windows user name)
  3. Find the line MulticastEndpoint=230.0.0.1:6666 and replace the 6666 with another number, i.e. 6345
  4. Save the file, and restart the Launcher

Please see if the problem persists with this change.

If you’re having trouble doing any of the above, please contact me at max.preussner@epicgames.com, and we can set up a Skype or Google Hangouts chat.

It worked! I sent you an email with the images. Thanks!

I’m having also the same problem with the epic games client.
Every time i launch the client (nothing downloads on the client or PC) my TV starts crashing. My TV is connected to a tvbox that os connected to the router (). I already tried to solve this problem by reading 3 similar posts on the fórum but with no success. Changing the Numbers on the engine file also made no Diference. I also limited the download to 30kb.s with Netbalancer but the client isnt evento downloading anything.

What can i do ?

Not sure if this post is still active, but i do have the same problem, and every time i change the port number when i open the launcher again he automatically puts it back, what can i do to solve this?

Thank you

Before the launcher being updated, I could make it work by changing the port to 6283 and making the file read-only. But after the launcher update since 1 month ago, I can no longer make it work.
A work-around that I have found is launch the Epic Games Launcher and quickly go restart my (MEO) TV Box. I have to do it every time I execute the launcher and no longer have the TV freezing.

Hello,

MEO has acknowledged this issue and has a fix for it. Just contact MEO support (16 209) and explain the issue. Make sure to tell them it is the same issue as other users reported regarding “Fortnite disrupting TV transmission”. Really, make sure you mention Fortnite, otherwise they might not know what you are talking about :stuck_out_tongue: . They will then update your home gateway (router) remotely and solve your problem.