Unreal Engine "+ Add Versions" button not working

I am currently trying to follow the UE official tutorial. I have just started, so when I log into Epic Launcher and go to UE > Library there are no listed “Engine Versions”.

As a result I attempted to follow the tutorial and press the “+” icon to “Add Version”. However, the plus icon is greyed out…

The “Install Engine” button on the right hand side also does not do anything. Am I missing something obvious or is there an issue with Epic Games Launcher?

I think you have to choose ‘install engine’, upper right.

Hey there,

I have the same issue, no options to install any version of UE on my new iMac M1.

Blockquote

The arrow-down button is also greyed out.

uh, suddenly it works. Needed to start the game launcher again and click around a bit. Strange

1 Like

SOLVED I figured out what the issue is! When I am downloading something else (ex. updating Fortnite) at the same time the icon does not show. When it finished downloading it works.

Yep that does not work either. But I figured out the issue. It was downloading another game, this stopped me from pressing the button. As soon as the other game finished the button became yellow again.

I was facing the same problem , go to settings , there will be the option of hide game library it would be ticked , untick the option

same for me - i’m experiencing so many problems with Unreal Engine. Trying to download a new engine version - and I cannot get to the page - it opens the select project page instead. so frustrated with this