Unreal Engine 5 | Wwise | Adaptive Music System in the style of Mario Wonder

Hi fellow gamers/gamemakers!

Sharing with you my workflow from start to finish on making adaptive music system in the style of Mario Wonder with UE5, Wwise, Nuendo and Reaper. It’s 25 minutes long, so grab your coffee/tea and enjoy! I put chapter in the comment section of the video in case you want to see specific parts only.

1 Like

Hello HYRVLR!

I just wanted to comment on this and let you know that this is wonderful work.
I’m fairly new to the whole solo game dev. in Unreal and I’m mainly a composer so there’s a lot for me to learn. I haven’t even BEGUN to think about learning Wwise, but seeing how awesome the adaptive music system works within it, while using Nuendo, is spectacular stuff! (I’m mainly a Cubase guys, but I have heard about how Nuendo works with Wwise/FMod, if I’m not mistaken).

Truly wonderful stuff.

And, of course, lovely job with the music!

Cheers :beers:

1 Like

Thank you so much for your kind words OishiiSushi!

Yes, Nuendo has something called Game Audio Connect in which you can open up inside the session (a little window) and you can drag and drop audio files from your music session to it and it will show up to your selected Wwise path, however I don’t use it as it’s not really as useful as say ReaWwise which I demonstrated from within Reaper, besides it only deals with audio and since my session is full of MIDI i’ll have to bounce everything and then drag n drop which would take more time then actually just importing all the stems to Wwise like I did. The quickest from DAW to Wwise option is Reaper for sure.

Glad you liked it all, again thank you and cheers!

1 Like