Unreal Engine 5 UE5 How to Create a Skybox | Sky & Atmosphere System

Unreal Engine 5 UE5 How to Create a Skybox | Sky & Atmosphere System

Welcome to the third video of an exciting new series here on 3D Tudor on YouTube!

Hi, I’m Luke! Help me celebrate joining 3D Tudor with this new YouTube tutorial series about Unreal Engine 5.

The video is a complete introduction to the UE5 Sky and Atmosphere System. It teaches you how to use HDRI textures to set up a material to be used within the Unreal Engine 5 skybox.
You will learn how to set up an adjustable material to learn how to easily rotate it and increase or decrease exposure to light in your UE5 scene.

Give me a like and subscribe if you like this kind of content.
Thanks all for checking it out :slight_smile:

Link to YouTube Video: Unreal Engine 5 UE5 How to Create a Skybox | Sky & Atmosphere System - YouTube

Link to YouTube 3D Tudor Channel:

#3dart #3dmodeling #3DModel #3D #3drender #unrealengine #ue5 #gamedesign #3denvironment #3ddecals #3dgraffiti #gamedev #decalart #3ddesign #UnrealEngine5 #EpicGames #digitalart #free #skybox #ue5skybox

2 Likes

It seems that there’s been some changes since this video was created that make it less than clear how to follow along. The few things I’ve noticed:

• Absolute World Position now provides three outputs. I’m assuming that it’s supposed to be XYZ now?
  • TextureSkybox errors, saying that it’s trying to cast a float3 to a float2

Here’s my blueprint for reference

I had same problem but I found the difference between the video and my material
He is using TextureSampleParameter"Cube"
and I’m using TextureSampleParameter"2D"

So if you use TextureSampleParameter"Cube" and plug into “XYZ”
I think the Error can be solved

(but if I do this, I can’t use HDR image… can I use HDR instead of Cube Texture?)

Set a texture sample and then a texture object and set the sampler of this texture object to linear color.
Something like this: