Unreal Engine 5: Packaging Lyra from Source Error

Hello there!
I have been trying to package Lyra from a source build of Unreal Engine 5 because I want to see if I can get it online with the LyraGameEOS target.

However, I seem to be unable to get Lyra packaging from this UE5 source build at all, even on the LyraGame target due to UAT issues. I’ve only been able to build Lyra from the prebuilt version of UE5 thus far.

It seems that UAT is having trouble finding the AutomationUtils.Automation.dll. I’ve tried building the AutomationUtils C# project with the various Development solution configurations, and after building, I have checked to see that the AutomationUtils.Automation.dll is present.

It seems like UAT is possibly searching the wrong directory for it, but it could also be an error on my part. I’m not quite sure how to see where UAT is checking for the .dll.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

LogUObjectHash: Compacting FUObjectHashTables data took   0.96ms
LogMonitoredProcess: Running Serialized UAT: [ cmd.exe /c ""C:/Gamedev-Local/Unreal Engine Source/UE5/Engine/Build/BatchFiles/RunUAT.bat" -ScriptsForProject="H:/M2-Gamedev and 3D/2022/Unreal/LyraStarterGame/LyraStarterGame.uproject" Turnkey -command=VerifySdk -platform=Win64 -UpdateIfNeeded -EditorIO -EditorIOPort=65316  -project="H:/M2-Gamedev and 3D/2022/Unreal/LyraStarterGame/LyraStarterGame.uproject" BuildCookRun -nop4 -utf8output -nocompileeditor -skipbuildeditor -cook  -project="H:/M2-Gamedev and 3D/2022/Unreal/LyraStarterGame/LyraStarterGame.uproject" -target=LyraGame  -unrealexe="C:\Ga
medev-Local\Unreal Engine Source\UE5\Engine\Binaries\Win64\UnrealEditor-Cmd.exe" -platform=Win64 -ddc=DerivedDataBackendGraph -stage -archive -package -build -compressed -iostore -pak -prereqs -archivedirectory="H:/M2-Gamedev and 3D/2022/Unreal/LyraStarterGame/Builds/LyraExperimental" -clientconfig=Development" -nocompile ]
UATHelper: Packaging (Windows): Running AutomationTool...
UATHelper: Packaging (Windows): Using bundled DotNet SDK
UATHelper: Packaging (Windows): Using bundled DotNet SDK
UATHelper: Packaging (Windows): Building AutomationTool...
UATHelper: Packaging (Windows): Parsing command line: -ScriptsForProject="H:/M2-Gamedev and 3D/2022/Unreal/LyraStarterGame/LyraStarterGame.uproject" Turnkey -command=VerifySdk -platform=Win64 -UpdateIfNeeded -EditorIO -EditorIOPort=65316 -project="H:/M2-Gamedev and 3D/2022/Unreal/LyraStarterGame/LyraStarterGame.uproject" BuildCookRun -nop4 -utf8output -nocompileeditor -skipbuildeditor -cook -project="H:/M2-Gamedev and 3D/2022/Unreal/LyraStarterGame/LyraStarterGame.uproject" -target=LyraGame -unrealexe="C:\Gamedev-Local\Unreal Engine Source\UE5\Engine\Binaries\Win64\UnrealEditor-Cmd.exe" -platf
orm=Win64 -ddc=DerivedDataBackendGraph -stage -archive -package -build -compressed -iostore -pak -prereqs -archivedirectory="H:/M2-Gamedev and 3D/2022/Unreal/LyraStarterGame/Builds/LyraExperimental" -clientconfig=Development -nocompile
UATHelper: Packaging (Windows): ERROR: System.Exception: Did not find an AutomationUtils.Automation.dll
UATHelper: Packaging (Windows):           at AutomationToolDriver.Program.MainProc() in C:\Gamedev-Local\Unreal Engine Source\UE5\Engine\Source\Programs\AutomationTool\Program.cs:line 442
UATHelper: Packaging (Windows):           at UnrealBuildBase.ProcessSingleton.RunSingleInstance(Func`1 Main, Boolean bWaitForUATMutex) in C:\Gamedev-Local\Unreal Engine Source\UE5\Engine\Source\Programs\Shared\EpicGames.Build\Automation\ProcessSingleton.cs:line 61
UATHelper: Packaging (Windows):           at AutomationToolDriver.Program.Main(String[] Arguments) in C:\Gamedev-Local\Unreal Engine Source\UE5\Engine\Source\Programs\AutomationTool\Program.cs:line 394
UATHelper: Packaging (Windows): AutomationTool executed for 0h 0m 0s
UATHelper: Packaging (Windows): AutomationTool exiting with ExitCode=0 (Success)
PackagingResults: Error: System.Exception: Did not find an AutomationUtils.Automation.dll
UATHelper: Packaging (Windows): Updating environment variables set by a Turnkey sub-process
UATHelper: Packaging (Windows): The system cannot find the path specified.
UATHelper: Packaging (Windows): The system cannot find the path specified.
strong text```

I was able to fix the error by re-creating the Lyra project.

I thought it was due to my UE5 source build’s compilation, but I found out it was project-specific when I built out the FPS sample project with my source build.

This issue may have been caused by me doing a convert-in-place of my Lyra project from my launcher build to my source build of the engine.

1 Like

What did you have to do to correct this? What did you use instead of convert-in-place?

I just let the editor create a copy instead of converting in place.
I think I read in the changelog for the 5.0.2 version of Lyra that they fixed this anyhow though.