Unreal Engine 5 Cross Compilation Packaging Error (Windows to Linux)

Hi everyone,

I’m currently trying to package a Linux build from my windows machine but I’m currently getting the following error:

Linux: Unable to find any Sdks that could be installed

And before I try to package, I get the warning popup, titled “SDK Not Setup”, that says

The SDK for Linux is not installed properly, which is needed to generate data. Check the SDK section of the Launch On menu in the main toolbar to update SDK.

However, it seems that the .NET Core 3.1 package can be found in my engine’s Engine\Binaries\ThirdParty\DotNet\Linux directory. I found another post about packaging, which talks about Windows, but that works fine for me. Also, I have the latest toolchain installed. I’m hoping that someone else came about this issue or did something before packaging a Linux build and can help point me in the right direction. Thanks in advance!

1 Like

I haven’t done this yet but I am planning on doing something like this within the next week or two. But I wasn’t going to do a Linux compile on Windows I was just going to bring my windows compile to Linux and see if I could run it with proton or something. I really don’t see the reason to run ue5 if I’m not using DirectX 12 and lumen and nanite.
But if I do bark up the tree of doing native I might end up posting about it here.

1 Like

Nevermind everyone, make sure to not use the toolchain meant for Unreal Engine version 4.27. Instead, download the one meant for 4.26. That solved the issue for me.

2 Likes

I have the same problem! And I do not understand how to solve it, I hope someone will answer!