Unreal Engine 5 crashes when adding objects

Hi,

I have a fresh install of Unreal Engine 5 on Windows 10. Whenever I create/load a project, and then try to add any object to my level, the engine immediately crashes with the following error message:

Assertion failed: MacAddress.Num() == 6 [File:D:\build++UE5\Sync\Engine\Source\Runtime\Engine\Private\LevelActor.cpp] [Line: 292]

It happens seemingly no matter how I introduce new objects to my level — whether it’s adding them from the menu, dragging & dropping, or copy & pasting something.

I’m completely new to UE, so excuse me if there’s something I’m missing. I have tried Googling the problem, but nothing helpful has come up.

I hope someone here can help me :pray:

So as it turns out, MacAddress is literally referring to your networks on your PC. 1. I had a ton of disconnected virtual network adapters piled up, so I disabled them all, and now I can place actors in my levels without it crashing.

Woah… what an unlikely solution to such an odd problem. But sure enough, disabling all my inactive network adapters fixed it! Thank you for sharing the solution with us :slight_smile:

重启电脑后解决了, 奇怪的问题

i always crashing when i adding some object like a prop or other,and there is notification like this:
LoginId:0c165adc4ac041e99524a2b0cdf02a6a
EpicAccountId:c59c1f340583406fa7f325764f4a5128

Unhandled Exception: EXCEPTION_ACCESS_VIOLATION reading address 0xffffffffffffffff

nvwgf2umx
nvwgf2umx
nvwgf2umx
nvwgf2umx
nvwgf2umx
nvwgf2umx
D3D12Core
dxgi
dxgi
dxgi
dxgi
dxgi