Unreal Engine 5 Anamorphic 4k Matrix City

Little short tribute I made for my Uncle and Grandma who recently passed.

7 Likes

Hey there @jsfilmz,

Hope you’re doing well!

I was so distracted by how beautifully detailed your city was to notice that there was a sad feeling starting to grow. Then, in the final scene and the character dissolved, I got so worried for this character I knew nothing about.

Great story telling and even better job at the beautiful world you’ve created. :slight_smile:

This is the matrix demo i did not create this city

Hey Hey @jsfilmz - I’ve looked at a couple of your youtube vids on anamorphic process, and it’s great to see your appreciation for it compositionally here. Nice work!

One of my mentors was Doug Trumbull, the VFX supervisor on Blade Runner, so that film in particular is near and dear to my heart, but also did so much to imprint the anamorphic look in “modern” sci-fi consciousness.

If you haven’t seen it before, I think you might appreciate this write-up about the thinking of both Scott and Croneweth in developing the look of the film.

Cheers, and keep up the great work!

1 Like

Perfect!

1 Like

Hey there @jsfilmz !

I wanted to say that the animation you made was beautifully done. The song choice mixed with the shots left this melancholy feeling through to the end. Your creation is beautiful and I think you have a real cinematic eye for things. :heart_hands: :white_heart:

1 Like

hey thanks! absolutely love the matrix demo one of my faves free asset in the marketplace

1 Like

awesome man bladerunner one of my faves am clearly heavily inspired by hahaha 2.66 aspect ftw

1 Like