Unreal Engine 5.3 Released

It seems like it’s happening for some users (when updating from Preview 1 to 5.3), but not all.

To fix it, remove UE_5.3/Engine/Plugins/Fab folder from the installation directory.

1 Like

Using UE 5.3 is fine.

1 Like

Congratulations, was waiting for this one!

1 Like

I’m only having issues with a Clear Coat material (for a car). I tried to enable Substrate in the project but that changes the looks of most meshes with SSS (like foliage). It also breaks the Clear Coat material, removing the Albedo.

Oh, the rest is fantastic so far!! Congrats!!!

1 Like

great, happy its there! thanks!!!

1 Like

Please… make a pause adding new features (useful only for a few users) and solve, one day, the issues in the massively used ones… :face_exhaling:

Ray tracing reflections (as Lumen reflections are… weird, and RT reflections are perfect for baked lighting scenarios, for example):

Ray tracing shadows (as they are better than virtual shadowmaps, and even more performant):

Thanks.

3 Likes

True, one stable feature is much better than hundreds not working properly. Introducing too much new untested stuff is undermining users trust.

I was reading whole UE documentation for last 6 months. I think there is too much “beta/experimental” or “not fixed for current version” pages. Don’t you have enough smart people to maintain product stability? Gosh.

6 Likes

Question. It says spline meshes are now supported for nanite. For every turn / curve… does it add to the memory of the mesh? Or is it enough to load the initial model into memory. I only ask because some of these high res meshes are quite high in memory.

1 Like

Let’s go!

1 Like

From the sounds of it 5.2 is no more stable than 5.3, so you might as well use 5.3. It seems like 4.27 was the last stable build. I think Epic is not concerned at all about the present, they are entirely focused on where 5 is heading.

2 Likes

Why Unreal Engine 5.+ ( including 5.3 ) only have 4 editor languages: chinese, english, japanese and korean? Why were the other languages ​​removed?

Thank you!

3 Likes

I wont believe the same people who make Light are making cloth sim or other new experimental stuff, if is the same is impressive and epic need new employers to work on separated things(like they probably do), I can be wrong tho

牛逼!

Hi, thanks for the new version 5.3!
I have a question about the Cineware plugin, is it available in version 5.3?

Thanks

Great 5.3 is now officially launched! Looking forward using all the new goodies and improvements.

Too bad GPUlightmass still has a bug regarding IES light patterns. Reported this a few months ago. Its still designated as ‘fixed’ in the bugtracker - UE-156122. It was broken in 5.0, fixed for 5.1 and broken again in 5.2 (and 5.3, 5.4 github). Hoping this gets noticed by someone of the team.

4 Likes

UE5.3.0 does not have Hololens2 in the installation options. It’s still in the docs, but was it removed?

cant luch 5.3 after update : Plugin ‘FastBuildController’ failed to load because module ‘FastBuildController’ could not be found. Please ensure the plugin is properly installed, otherwise consider disabling the plugin for this project.

Beautiful! Many improvements here. Need some time to see all. I’m excited with the Audio, DMX, Skeletal editor, Cine Cam rig trail… What can I say.

When I create a new C++ Project, the content browser in Unreal Engine 5.3 doesn’t show any C++ files.

I created blank project, which will not show any C++ Classes folder as the blank project doesn’t have any usable C++ class. Best way to fix this is to create an Unreal Engine actor class with default implementation and to rebuild it.

I suggest Unreal Engine should show the C++ Classes directory for C++ Projects, even if it’s blank, to avoid confusion and users may create class from the Unreal Engine itself, rather than creating one unreal engine class from IDE then getting it visible on Unreal Engine editor and then adding new classes by Unreal Engine editor.

The four languages you listed are the only officially supported languages for the editor. We previously trialed additional languages that were removed in 5.2 due to the quality of the translation. Keep an eye out for future updates on additional language support.

2 Likes