Unreal Engine 5.3.2 - Sequencer rendering black images

Hi

This is yet another post about the Sequencer rendering out black images. I’ve come across a few of these, but the suggestions I’ve found haven’t worked. Or I don’t quite understand what it is I need to do. I’m trying to render out my project turntable by rendering it into image files. Specifically PNG.

I’ve tried going to Window > Levels > selecting the only available level there (Persistent Level) > Default Streaming Method > Always Loaded, but no change sadly. I’ve also tried JPEG, but the same issue happens. Even the small preview window is black.

I don’t have a camera set up, only the Perspective view. Is this related? Does a camera need to be added?

Thanks

Just tried this with Unreal Engine 4.26 with DigitalHuman and the exact same thing happens. :frowning:

EDIT: Also tried adding a camera and looking directly through that before rendering out a video to images - same issue.

Okay, for anyone else who has the same issue, and for future reference for myself, it looks like regular cameras don’t work…? Instead, a camera has to be added within the Sequencer to add a new ‘camera cut’.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.