unreal engine 5.2 game developing

Hi, does it make sense to develop a game on 5.2 if the game needs procedural generation and more, or is it better to start on 5.1 and wait for the 5.2 release?
Another question: when should we expect the full release of 5.2

As a rule of thumb, the more cutting-edge version you get, the more bugs and instability you will also find.

Lots of studios still use 4.27 because it’s more stable, just so you know.

Now, if your project really really need all those cutting-edge features… well, why not? =)

you can easily upgrade but you cannot easily downgrade.

therefore, if no strong reason to start out with the latest, it is probably safest and most flexible to start with the older version and then you can upgrade later if you needed specific features.

of course, using version control, you can relatively easily upgrade to newer version and check if the project works by making a build and testing. If you did that to ensure no hidden issues then you could safely move to new version without worries.

Waiting for the latest and greatest version to release before you get started, is a GREAT excuse to not get started!
I mean, why do the hard work of starting to develop a game, when you can just sit around and blame Epic for never shipping? :smiley:

Seriously, though – you should absolutely start on whatever is available now. I bet there’s tons of your game that needs to get going without all the procedural bits being in place. Characters, animations, menus, …

I meant start on 5.1 and then switch to 5.2 or go straight to 5.2 now.