Unreal engine 5.1 start up crash.

Hello everyone I have an issue loading my project, As soon as I load up my project The crash happens and it says Unhandled Exception: EXCEPTION_ACCESS_VIOLATION reading address 0x0000000000000084
I can open All the other projects but not this one, I think it’s because I’ve downloaded some plugins last time when I closed my project, I would really appreciate if someone give me a solution to this, Please?

Hey @Cheemayt. I hate to say this but I’ve got some good news and some bad news.

So the bad news: It’s telling you there is a variable somewhere that is being called, but it is a null value, so it doesn’t exist. The only way to really fix it is to pick through your files, it’s probably caused by a couple of plugins conflicting, or some sort of setting not being fixed up correctly before relaunch.

The GOOD news is that you can disable those plugins outside of UE5! You’ll open your file directory where your project is, and right click the .uproject. Open with… notepad or something similar (not wordpad, notepad) and then you can search for your plugin files there, then disable them in the .uproject.

After this, please! Back up your files before adding anything new from outside… things get a lot hairier than this sometimes and you can lose it all so quickly.

1 Like