Unreal Engine 5.1 Preview

Can you confirm if the source mesh in your example is an obj file? If so, this issue is still there in the 5.1 release but will be fixed in 5.1.1.

Yes this was a .obj file. Thanks!

1 Like

Is the texture asset in this example a virtual texture? If so this was reproduced, and will be fixed in 5.1.1.

This will be fixed in 5.1.1.

1 Like

I don’t think so, “Virtual Texture Streaming” is disabled in the Texture Editor. This is a 16 bits TIFF file generated by Substance 3D Designer. I disabled “Virtual Texture Streaming” after import though as it was enabled by default.

Thank you. Is there any ETA for 5.11?

I fixed this by “adding quixel to engine” from within the Epic Games launcher FYI.

Hi @Syedhs
IUE 5.1 is here

hi @Sebastian_OK ,
You will need to load a new version of the Epic Launcher

Then you will get
Click Installed Plugins.
Click the down arrow and select “Verify”
In German
Klicken Sie auf Installierte Plugins.
Klicken Sie auf den Pfeil nach unten und wählen Sie “Überprüfen”
Dies wird lange dauern und pausieren. Warten Sie, bis der Vorgang abgeschlossen ist

I’m having trouble confirming whether or not multi GPU is active and working. I can’t see improvements on speeding up the time it takes to resolve the image.

Hello everyone I saw on the unreal site that in version 5.1 the import of the MVR format incorporated in the import of the datasmith format is finally supported, could any of you tell me how it works? How do I import the mvr file including texture fixtures etc ??? Furthermore, to import a stage, how does it work, should the file be exported only to datasmith or should it also be exported in MVR format, can you help me?
I await a precise response from the staff or from you users!
Thank you
Greetings
Matteo.

Hi! I really need help)
When switching to UE5.1, niagara issues a warning “required LWC tile recache and was reset”. If you disable Support Large World Coordinates, then there are no errors, but I need this function. Do you know what’s the matter?

Panoramic rendering in movie render queue is broken in UE5.1. Will this be fixed in 5.1.1 or 5.1.2?

Same for me. UUserWidget::SetPositionInViewport doesn’t work, places widgets at 0,0 whatever. Worked perfectly in in 5.0.3.

So could someone tell what happend with copy and paste. Why it crash UE5.1 ?