Unreal Engine 5.1 Preview

I have the same issue.

I have fixed Quixel Bridge crashing when 5.1 is compiled for Apple Silicon by following these steps:

When is the UE5.1 release? Tomorrow (Monday)? Any idea?

1 Like

@Syedhs Already in Epic Launcher 14.31.2289403 or higher. I just had to load an new copy of launcher to get Quixel Bridge . Click “Install Plugins”

UE 5.1

1 Like

That is preview… I am talking about 5.1 release.

Nobody knows. I would prefer honestly that they fix a lot of the major issues reported here though before release though.

3 Likes

OMG that works 95% ( slight random small flicker patches ) but it makes it usable - Thank you sooo much

When i try to build UE 5.1 preview 2 in shipping i get an error “Game files required to initialize the global shader library are missing from: C:/Program Files/Epid Games/UE_5.1/Engine/Content/ Please make sure the game is installed correctly.”
When i build UE 5.1 preview 2 in editor development everything works fine. What am i missing?

I like the updates in PathTracing, but Object ID is broken.

My project had cryptomatte working in 5.0, Opened the file in 5.1 preview and made a render and the ObjectID channel is empty.

Also my crowd characters doesn’t load in scene

some one has found a work around for the AR handheld where all that should be the cam shows black?

Yeah it’s generally suggested to still use cards with multiple leaves/branches for Nanite trees because of this.

Today! xD

6 Likes

Wow, fingers crossed for fixed pathtracing in MRQ

While waiting for the release notes:

7 Likes

Finally!!! YES :partying_face::confetti_ball::tada::grin::smile:

1 Like

YES! Finally!

Anyone else getting this with the 5.1 final?

Getting this, when trying to convert my project from 5.0.3 to 5.1.
There is no Bridge Plugin.

Release Notes already available, just waiting for the official announcement news :wink:

3 Likes

Alright, AWESOME Dude. And yeah, me too. But The official release is finally here :grin::grin::grin::grin::grin::tada::tada::tada::tada::tada: