Unreal Engine 5.1 Preview

I started having problems with MetaSounds in this version. Although it works perfectly fine in the editor and debugging the game/simulation. But when cooking and packaging, the generated executable does not start.

Opening with the -log parameter, the last log call is:

[2022.10.30-19.04.21:268][  0]LogMetaSound: Error: Target interface is not registered [InterfaceVersion:UE.Source.OneShot v1.0]
[2022.10.30-19.04.21:271][  0]LogMetaSound: Error: Target interface is not registered [InterfaceVersion:UE.Source v1.1]
[2022.10.30-19.04.21:271][  0]LogMetaSound: Error: Target interface is not registered [InterfaceVersion:UE.OutputFormat.Stereo v1.0]

After these calls in the log, the executable freezes with a black screen.

I saw a similar issue that was already fixed in Unreal 5.0: Unreal Engine Issues and Bug Tracker (UE-150434)

In my case, I was also using FObjectFinder, so after seeing this link, I chose to declare a UPROPERTY and assign the value via Blueprint, but it didn’t solve the problem. In the project where I’m having this problem, I’m using MetaSounds in a Modular Feature/Plugin (via Game Features & Modular Plugins)

Also tried setting the plugin (in this case, changed my plugins - Metasounds is declared as PreDefault) Loading Phase to PostDefault, but did not change the result.

• Note 1: I’m packaging the project for Win64 and this was not happening in Unreal 5.0 (I understand that it is not recommended for shipping projects built in this preview, my project is not a finished game and will not be distributed. I’m packaging to perform more tests outside the development environment)

• Note 2: This project was converted from Unreal 5.0 to 5.1 P1 and then to 5.1 P2.