Unreal engine 5.1 crash at start

Hi my UE5 crash at start, every time and since 5.1…

The 5.0 works

LoginId:b8f49efa412bdec0032f9f9c39269a1a
EpicAccountId:81793536814e4c9eb428c0a7eddac1c9

Unhandled Exception: EXCEPTION_ACCESS_VIOLATION reading address 0x0000000000000000

UnrealEditor_UdpMessaging!UE::UdpMessaging::Private::DoJoinMulticastGroup() [D:\build++UE5\Sync\Engine\Plugins\Messaging\UdpMessaging\Source\UdpMessaging\Private\Transport\UdpMessageTransport.cpp:162]
UnrealEditor_UdpMessaging!UE::UdpMessaging::Private::JoinedToGroup() [D:\build++UE5\Sync\Engine\Plugins\Messaging\UdpMessaging\Source\UdpMessaging\Private\Transport\UdpMessageTransport.cpp:184]
UnrealEditor_UdpMessaging!FUdpMessageTransport::StartTransport() [D:\build++UE5\Sync\Engine\Plugins\Messaging\UdpMessaging\Source\UdpMessaging\Private\Transport\UdpMessageTransport.cpp:244]
UnrealEditor_Messaging!FMessageBridge::Enable() [D:\build++UE5\Sync\Engine\Source\Runtime\Messaging\Private\Bridge\MessageBridge.cpp:81]
UnrealEditor_UdpMessaging!FMessageBridgeBuilder::Build() [D:\build++UE5\Sync\Engine\Source\Runtime\MessagingCommon\Public\MessageBridgeBuilder.h:109]
UnrealEditor_UdpMessaging!FUdpMessagingModule::InitializeBridge() [D:\build++UE5\Sync\Engine\Plugins\Messaging\UdpMessaging\Source\UdpMessaging\Private\UdpMessagingModule.cpp:556]
UnrealEditor_UdpMessaging!FUdpMessagingModule::RestartServices() [D:\build++UE5\Sync\Engine\Plugins\Messaging\UdpMessaging\Source\UdpMessaging\Private\UdpMessagingModule.cpp:354]
UnrealEditor_UdpMessaging!FUdpMessagingModule::StartupModule() [D:\build++UE5\Sync\Engine\Plugins\Messaging\UdpMessaging\Source\UdpMessaging\Private\UdpMessagingModule.cpp:275]
UnrealEditor_Core!FModuleManager::LoadModuleWithFailureReason() [D:\build++UE5\Sync\Engine\Source\Runtime\Core\Private\Modules\ModuleManager.cpp:617]
UnrealEditor_Projects!FModuleDescriptor::LoadModulesForPhase() [D:\build++UE5\Sync\Engine\Source\Runtime\Projects\Private\ModuleDescriptor.cpp:696]
UnrealEditor_Projects!FPluginManager::TryLoadModulesForPlugin() [D:\build++UE5\Sync\Engine\Source\Runtime\Projects\Private\PluginManager.cpp:2078]
UnrealEditor_Projects!FPluginManager::LoadModulesForEnabledPlugins() [D:\build++UE5\Sync\Engine\Source\Runtime\Projects\Private\PluginManager.cpp:2154]
UnrealEditor!FEngineLoop::LoadStartupModules() [D:\build++UE5\Sync\Engine\Source\Runtime\Launch\Private\LaunchEngineLoop.cpp:4181]
UnrealEditor!FEngineLoop::PreInitPostStartupScreen() [D:\build++UE5\Sync\Engine\Source\Runtime\Launch\Private\LaunchEngineLoop.cpp:3523]
UnrealEditor!GuardedMain() [D:\build++UE5\Sync\Engine\Source\Runtime\Launch\Private\Launch.cpp:154]
UnrealEditor!GuardedMainWrapper() [D:\build++UE5\Sync\Engine\Source\Runtime\Launch\Private\Windows\LaunchWindows.cpp:107]
UnrealEditor!LaunchWindowsStartup() [D:\build++UE5\Sync\Engine\Source\Runtime\Launch\Private\Windows\LaunchWindows.cpp:244]
UnrealEditor!WinMain() [D:\build++UE5\Sync\Engine\Source\Runtime\Launch\Private\Windows\LaunchWindows.cpp:282]
UnrealEditor!__scrt_common_main_seh() [D:\a_work\1\s\src\vctools\crt\vcstartup\src\startup\exe_common.inl:288]
kernel32
ntdll

Hey there @Tanis34! Welcome to the community! I’ve got a thread here with a workaround for the issues with the UDP messaging system that might help:

Thanks, i tried and its always the same :

Unhandled Exception: EXCEPTION_ACCESS_VIOLATION reading address 0x0000000000000000

UnrealEditor_UdpMessaging!UE::UdpMessaging::Private::DoJoinMulticastGroup() [D:\build++UE5\Sync\Engine\Plugins\Messaging\UdpMessaging\Source\UdpMessaging\Private\Transport\UdpMessageTransport.cpp:162]
UnrealEditor_UdpMessaging!UE::UdpMessaging::Private::JoinedToGroup() [D:\build++UE5\Sync\Engine\Plugins\Messaging\UdpMessaging\Source\UdpMessaging\Private\Transport\UdpMessageTransport.cpp:184]
UnrealEditor_UdpMessaging!FUdpMessageTransport::StartTransport() [D:\build++UE5\Sync\Engine\Plugins\Messaging\UdpMessaging\Source\UdpMessaging\Private\Transport\UdpMessageTransport.cpp:244]
UnrealEditor_Messaging!FMessageBridge::Enable() [D:\build++UE5\Sync\Engine\Source\Runtime\Messaging\Private\Bridge\MessageBridge.cpp:81]
UnrealEditor_UdpMessaging!FMessageBridgeBuilder::Build() [D:\build++UE5\Sync\Engine\Source\Runtime\MessagingCommon\Public\MessageBridgeBuilder.h:109]
UnrealEditor_UdpMessaging!FUdpMessagingModule::InitializeBridge() [D:\build++UE5\Sync\Engine\Plugins\Messaging\UdpMessaging\Source\UdpMessaging\Private\UdpMessagingModule.cpp:556]
UnrealEditor_UdpMessaging!FUdpMessagingModule::RestartServices() [D:\build++UE5\Sync\Engine\Plugins\Messaging\UdpMessaging\Source\UdpMessaging\Private\UdpMessagingModule.cpp:354]
UnrealEditor_UdpMessaging!FUdpMessagingModule::StartupModule() [D:\build++UE5\Sync\Engine\Plugins\Messaging\UdpMessaging\Source\UdpMessaging\Private\UdpMessagingModule.cpp:275]
UnrealEditor_Core!FModuleManager::LoadModuleWithFailureReason() [D:\build++UE5\Sync\Engine\Source\Runtime\Core\Private\Modules\ModuleManager.cpp:617]
UnrealEditor_Projects!FModuleDescriptor::LoadModulesForPhase() [D:\build++UE5\Sync\Engine\Source\Runtime\Projects\Private\ModuleDescriptor.cpp:696]
UnrealEditor_Projects!FPluginManager::TryLoadModulesForPlugin() [D:\build++UE5\Sync\Engine\Source\Runtime\Projects\Private\PluginManager.cpp:2078]
UnrealEditor_Projects!FPluginManager::LoadModulesForEnabledPlugins() [D:\build++UE5\Sync\Engine\Source\Runtime\Projects\Private\PluginManager.cpp:2154]
UnrealEditor!FEngineLoop::LoadStartupModules() [D:\build++UE5\Sync\Engine\Source\Runtime\Launch\Private\LaunchEngineLoop.cpp:4181]
UnrealEditor!FEngineLoop::PreInitPostStartupScreen() [D:\build++UE5\Sync\Engine\Source\Runtime\Launch\Private\LaunchEngineLoop.cpp:3523]
UnrealEditor!GuardedMain() [D:\build++UE5\Sync\Engine\Source\Runtime\Launch\Private\Launch.cpp:154]
UnrealEditor!GuardedMainWrapper() [D:\build++UE5\Sync\Engine\Source\Runtime\Launch\Private\Windows\LaunchWindows.cpp:107]
UnrealEditor!LaunchWindowsStartup() [D:\build++UE5\Sync\Engine\Source\Runtime\Launch\Private\Windows\LaunchWindows.cpp:244]
UnrealEditor!WinMain() [D:\build++UE5\Sync\Engine\Source\Runtime\Launch\Private\Windows\LaunchWindows.cpp:282]
UnrealEditor!__scrt_common_main_seh() [D:\a_work\1\s\src\vctools\crt\vcstartup\src\startup\exe_common.inl:288]
kernel32
ntdll

Hrm, I have one more known workaround:

If that one doesn’t work, I have a couple questions!

Are you on a private network with any kind of tunneling or VPN going on?

Thanks but i cant even launch the engine…i can not go tu any settings…
I dont have any private network or VPN

I have a brand new pc, Intel I5 13600k, 32Go ram, RTX 4070ti…
And the 5.0 works perfectly

1 Like

I gotcha, got a weird ask for you. Could you completely disable your network connection/airplane mode/pull the ethernet cable and try and launch? I had a user with a similar issue that could launch when not connected to his network. It was the weirdest thing. I don’t know if that component has an ini entry, but I’ll take a look now to see if it does. If so we might be able to do it from out here.