Unreal Engine 4 will now ship with Visual Studio set as the default IDE, free to use :)

Haven’t seen an official thread on this yet, so thought I’d let you folks know! Most of us have probably installed the Community edition by now or already invested in VS Pro, but if you haven’t this is good news for you :slight_smile:

http://www.davevoyles.com/unity-unreal-engine-4-cocos2d-will-now-ship-with-visual-studio-set-as-the-default-ide-free-to-use/

Wasn’t there a feature that was in Pro that the CE didn’t have that was needed?

Not as far as I’m aware, I honestly only need Vax so if there’s anything too advanced going on I don’t know what it is :slight_smile:

I was thinking of Express, not the CE.

The only difference between CE and Pro is the license as far as I’m aware. I’ll still probably shell out for 2015 Pro when it comes out.

just one question or two:

• can i shape the dialogue box
  • can i apply a skin to it with my own personal handle so i can design my dock for windows and mac

Now they just have to get IntelliSense to work.

There’s no difference other than the license. Buying pro is pointless unless you’re making more than one million USD a year, or if you have more than 250 employees. In this industry, I doubt it! You could spend that money in better places :slight_smile:

Cough Visual Assist cough