Unreal Engine 4 Vs UDK people's opinions

should I upgrade to UE4, Is the jump worth it? - maybe
Is it easier to develop games on? - imho no, but thats just me, udk was way easier.
are the hardware requirements to run the engine demanding? - yes extremely, most ordinary people only recently can run ue3 games o_O

here will tell you ue4 is the rose tinted beez kneez and usually will entertain no other opinion, either because they truly believe it or really haven’t tried another engine.
if you are worried about the fees, yes they are small so why not try it once. sub every few months will probably not work out due to major engine changes, maybe it will, time will tell.

it may be wiser to use another engine until ue4 gets out of the ‘early adopter’ phase.
its pretty sketchy tbh, dont forget there are lots more engines out there besides the big 3.

Not in my case, I’m well experienced (I know that the engine works very well + how it is in comparison to UDK) and have also tried many other engines :wink:

: I would recommend you to just try it out and then you can still switch -> because you can just pay the 20$ once and then you can unsubscribe. After that you will be still abel to use the engine :slight_smile: (you just wont get any updates anymore)

But when you have experience with UDK, it should be easy for you to switch to the UE4 -> otherwise we are always here to answer you questions :wink:

some in-game stuff will definately improve (as shown with foliage on 4.7), but in general it feels the toolset will continue to decrease in performance as new features are introduced. was the norm with releases of UDK and for me it has been the norm over UE4 releases as well - the UE4 beta was quite smooth and for me it has become increasingly laggy as new releases have come