Unreal Engine 4 or Unreal Engine in general user statistics over time?

Does anyone know where can I find information and statistics on the amount of developers currently registered and using Unreal Engine, and over the past X number of years? And other popular engines such as Unity and CryEngine?

Its for a college paper. I only found how much are currently registered at Unity, and how much of them are active monthly, but I can’t find anything like that on the UE website for UE, and I also need it for the past few years not just current. Does anyone know a source of getting that kind of info?

Thank you. :slight_smile:

There’s not any data for that, Epic has info on how many downloads there are, which a while back was reported to be over 1 million, but that doesn’t equal the number of people using it. Since it’s free, there’s no registry. As for the people that paid for a $99 license, they haven’t released any of that info.
As for UE3 in general, there might be a list of games out there that use it, if not then you’d have to check for yourself and build a list.

There are a little over 10k people on Epic’s GitHub. Not sure if this only includes currently registered people. Also, this probably doesn’t include people who just downloaded the binaries and didn’t get the source.

Thanks guys. Guess I’ll have to fill the paper with some other statistics. Prof is asking for numbers and I thought I’d get something basic such as that, but I guess its not as easy. lol