I might be pushing the limits here, but I am trying to run current Unreal Engine 4 editor in a VMWare virtual machine.
The guest Windows 10 Pro 64Bit VM has 4 CPU cores allocated and 8GB RAM.
The host OS is Linux Mint 18.2 KDE 64Bit.
UE4 editor works in the VM but it’s a bit on the slow side?
- Desktop Code Name: “Optimus Prime”
- ASUS SaberTooth 990FX r2.0 Motherboard
- AMD FX 4GHz 8-Core CPU (4 cores allocated to VM)
- 32GB DDR3 RAM (8GB allocated to VM)
- nVidia GeForce GTX 970 4GB GDDR5 GPU (Linux proprietary display driver v378.13)
I’ve already compiled the editor’s source for Linux, but am not sure the Linux version does all the things that the Windows version does??
We want to target the following platforms:
(3) Windows Store
(4) XBox Live
Will the Linux version of UE4 editor build for the above 4 targets?
Let us know , thanks!
Video Game Design Studio