I’m not sure where to post this (sorry!), but I thought it would be useful to share a tool I created to help with Diff’ing UE4 Assets.
I’ve built this tool because I had trouble to easily check changes between assets in the awesome Tom Looman’s Survival Game series.
It is really easy to use:
- Drag and drop the latest (or the version you’re using of) UE4Editor.exe on the first textbox.
- Drag and drop the older file you’re willing to diff on the second textbox.
- Drag and drop the newer file you’re willing to diff on the third textbox.
- Click on Diff button
- Wait until UE4Editor Loads
- Pick a project (hopefully, pick the project this file is related to)
- Wait until the Diff appears.
I thought it would be nice to post here, since there’s a chance more people are used to text-based diff tools (in my case, Beyond Compare), and are also interested in a convenient way to see differences in assets.
It’s a very simple (and hackish!) tool, but might prove useful to someone out there
Please, let me know what you think