GathR Virtual Studios Inc. is looking for a Senior Unreal C++ Developer to join us in creating the next generation platform for Business Meetings, Virtual Exhibitions and Live Entertainment.
Working together with our Design, Art and Production leads, the Senior Unreal Developer will be responsible for implementing key platform features in addition to solving important technical challenges throughout development.
An ideal candidate will have extensive experience working on multiplayer applications within Unreal Engine, managing server infrastructure and game-as-service features in addition to having an interest in Music, Events and Live Entertainment formats.
- Implementing and improving a variety of fast and efficient core software using Unreal Engine 4
- Maintaining and building code using C++ for all assigned work streams
- Helping to provide architectural oversight across the entire application
- Collaborating with various team members in devising optimal engineering solutions to technical challenges
- 5+ years of experience working as a Software Engineer, Unreal Developer or comparative role
- Experienced with multiplayer gameplay systems, network replication, core engine and Virtual Reality technologies
- Shipped at least 1 title utilizing Unreal Engine, preferably within a technology role
- Great understanding of modern C / C++ / Blueprints
- Solid technical understanding or experience with JSON, REST, Socket & Websocket standards
- Excellent communication and collaborative problem solving skills
Nice to have:
- Familiarity with Unreal Engine Virtual Production tools and pipeline
- Experience working with Amazon Gamelift
- Passion for gaming and/or live events
- Great knowledge of video standards and streaming technology
Interested candidates should submit their resume, cover letter and portfolio to Jaime Lopez at [EMAIL=“email@example.com”]firstname.lastname@example.org