I recently started production on a new video series on my educational oriented Youtube channel which teaches you how to utilize the newly released Unreal Engine 4’s extensive/robust tool set to create your very own game as an absolute beginner with no knowledge regarding game engines and/or Unreal Engine 4 to a seasoned veteran capable of making their own games from scratch. I have structured and produced this video series to be as easy to follow/use, intuitive and most importantly educational. I post roughly 1-3 videos every week so make sure you check out the channel regularly.
I have gone over a wide variety of topics in-depth to make sure you get the most educational experience however with this being a beginner series I have skipped a few topics which are oriented towards the more advanced users such as C++ programming, Cascade, Scaleform/UI usage & creation, animation and a few other things. Having said that, I will be creating an additional advanced series in the near future which will cover everything I have missed in the beginner series.
Keep in mind that I will be adding additional video series to accompany this one a including 3D modelling packages (max/maya), Photoshop and a few other game engines including Cryengine, Unity and possibly Source. If you have any suggestions for this particular series feel free to leave them as a reply to this thread.
All of my tutorials are free and available on Youtube through the links below or by clicking the individual videos. Don’t forget to say subscribed to my Youtube channel and Facebook page to stay up to date with information regarding current and upcoming content.
I will be updating this forum post as things progress with latest information/videos alongside tidying things up for ease of use.
Published Content | 14 Videos
- Series Introduction](https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1M3S3eiJK5I)
- Download & Install](https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CfzYzEwunWc)
- Project Creation](https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PaneDlXbgnA)
- User Interface Overview](https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jEdZf9ojq1U)
- Transformation Tools](https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C7fmnNxhP2w)
- Primitive Geometry](https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2c-EflxWafc)
- Geometry Editing](https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M8TxIWJop14)
- Introduction to the content browser](https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OwLgRCLOmfk)
- BSP Surfaces](https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j50iaOjWvs4)
- Static Meshes](https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pMYsiee_I64)
- Introduction to lighting](https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yQWrdE7EqC0)
- Importing Custom Static Meshes](https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LBYSzZxf4N0)
- Creating Materials](https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cs3UWeR0Uh0)
- Diffuse Textures](https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J66JyOm2Zrs)
Upcoming Content | 20+ Videos
- Specular Textures
- Normal Textures
- Foliage Mode
- Vertex Painting
- Image Based Reflections
- Matinee Introduction
- Matinee Cinematics
- Matinee Animations
- Blueprints Introduction
- Game Packaging
- & More…
Blueprint Creations | 1 Video (More coming soon)
- Sliding Doors](https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LuqmeOi4_Ag)