Unreal Engine 4.9 Released!

[=;368697]
This was updated for 4.9, but I’m not sure I understand your post. Are you saying actor isn’t spawning even though it isn’t colliding? I think by default, node in 4.9 should be set to “Try To Adjust Location, Don’t Spawn If Still Colliding” if it was set to false in 4.8. Are you getting something different?
[/]

I don’t know whether actor is really not colliding, but you are right, in 4.8 it was “SpawnEvenIfColliding=false” and now in 4.9 it is “Try To Adjust Location, Don’t Spawn If Still Colliding”. What I am saying is that in 4.8 actor spawned while in 4.9 it does not. So collision check in 4.9 seems to be in some way more strict which breaks current behavior.

[=;368690]
Thanks , but there were always 2 timer nodes. But why can I set a timer by name but not end it by name?

One other thing, I thought it would be possible in 4.9 to get default object of a BP so that I don’t need to spawn it just to access stuff like it’s bounds etc. I can find new get defaults of class, but there I can’t get properties of components.
[/]

Ah, I see what you’re saying. I think reasoning behind this is that new method allows you to set a timer that calls a function, save that particular timer, and also start another timer with same function and save that one as well. You can still call it by function name, but clear one and not both. previous way, you’d run Clear Timer and it would clear all instances of a timer running that function.

[=Gigantoad;368695]
So it seems IsHeadMountedDisplayEnabled node doesn’t seem to care whether it actually is enabled or not. Even when not playing in VR it still thinks it’s enabled. Could be because of Oculus SDK 0.7 I have installed? Hadn’t noticed anything out of ordinary in 4.8 though.
[/]

Hi Gigantoad,

This is a known issue and has been reported as UE-19533. Unfortunately, I don’t have a timeframe of when a fix will be implemented.

[=;368701]
I don’t know whether actor is really not colliding, but you are right, in 4.8 it was “SpawnEvenIfColliding=false” and now in 4.9 it is “Try To Adjust Location, Don’t Spawn If Still Colliding”. What I am saying is that in 4.8 actor spawned while in 4.9 it does not. So collision check in 4.9 seems to be in some way more strict which breaks current behavior.
[/]

Yep, there was a bug with Spawn Even If Colliding that was fixed in 4.9. I don’t think it was working at all in 4.8, so it would have spawned regardless of collision.

[= ;368704]
Hi Gigantoad,

This is a known issue and has been reported as UE-19533. Unfortunately, I don’t have a timeframe of when a fix will be implemented.
[/]

Ah I see, thanks for info. So is there a workaround? Like disconnecting Rift maybe, or do I just completely uninstall 0.7 runtime? Just need to be able to test without Rift, preferably without having to remove those nodes from blueprints entirely.

WOW just WOW! :smiley:

but does all that actually work? lol :rolleyes:

or will later? maybe?

really need stability this release, long overdue

Sometimes I can’t save blueprints:

http://puu.sh/jVn3i/c544e73974.png

Log says:

LogSavePackage: Moving ‘I:/blablabla/BuildingManager17F5FD3945C7B63C7A9D3382122A8623.tmp’ to ‘I:/blablabla/BuildingManager.uasset’
LogFileManager:Warning: DeleteFile was unable to delete ‘I:/blablabla/BuildingManager.uasset’, retrying in .5s…
LogFileManager:Error: Error deleting file ‘I:/blablabla/BuildingManager.uasset’.
LogSavePackage:Error: Error saving ‘I:/blablabla/BuildingManager.uasset’
LogSavePackage: Total save time: 1432.113159ms
LogSavePackage:Warning: Finished SavePackage I:/blablabla/BuildingManager.uasset
EditorErrors: New page: Save Output
EditorErrors:Warning: Warning Error saving ‘I:/blablabla/BuildingManager.uasset’

Hello Gigantoad,

There is currently no workaround for this issue at this time. What ever state rift is in when project is booted up will be result of Is enabled check. I hope that this information helps.

Make it a great day

I can’t make Android packaging working for me with 4.9.0 :frowning: … i’m close to give up and keep using 4.8.3

My answer hub Qs:

[=;368727]
I can’t make Android packaging working for me with 4.9.0 :frowning: … i’m close to give up and keep using 4.8.3

My answer hub Qs:

[/]

Hey , I’ve assigned a member of our staff to look at that for you. They’ll post on AnswerHub if they have any questions. Thanks!

[=;368622]
It should be coming soon. In meantime, you’ll want to disable Plugin in your project before creating copy for 4.9.
[/]

Hi. How to disable it manually? I had already converted project to 4.9, and now any time packaged game is launched it asks about downloading substance from marketplace.

I noticed this Trello card about proper Field of View for first-person components being done in 4.9.

I don’t see this in changelist, nor in code or editor as far as I can see. Has this missed deadline for 4.9?

Thanks!

Huge problem: I can’t edit any default values from parents!

http://puu.sh/jVotr/6c6bb7d591.png

And I wondered why some variables are set to a wrong value in game… All variables got reset to their parent’s default’s and I can’t change it! What’s reason to use parent/child inheritance if you can’t edit anything from parent? It’s completely broken…

Thank you @! :slight_smile:

Great update.Thanks. I hope content samples get updated and add this sample of this stream : https://www…com/watch?v=vZW8mxlQJEk&index=18&list=PLZlv_N0_O1gbggHiwNP2JBXGeD2h12tbB

Like Laurent Delayen promised that this sample will be added when 4.9 is released. :slight_smile:

Great Update!

There is no mention of Spline Component updates. Particularly no mention of fact you cannot edit Spline Points if you create Spline Component and Points in C++ for use in construction script. Once created points turn pink and cannot be selected.

I submit an answerhub for this https://answers.unrealengine.com/questions/288712/splinecomponents-in-49r4-are-not-editable-when-cre.html

This is a pretty crazy problem for my project which needs to stay up to date for marketplace. I have discussed with others who say this is detrimental to certain procedural generation techniques too.

No wait, let me rephrase what my favorite(s) were:

Ability to set default values for material/mesh/flipbook in STRUCTS!!! :smiley:

I love you EPIC!

[=nick_p;368635]
Hey koola, I asked BrianK about this and what you’re probably seeing is dithered quantization to remove banding when we switched temporal history buffer to 11:11:10 from FP16. It wasn’t intended to be noticeable. It’s on his list :slight_smile:
[/]

Great news :slight_smile:
I really hope he can fix problem.

[=;368736]
Huge problem: I can’t edit any default values from parents!

And I wondered why some variables are set to a wrong value in game… All variables got reset to their parent’s default’s and I can’t change it! What’s reason to use parent/child inheritance if you can’t edit anything from parent? It’s completely broken…
[/]

Hey, we’ve got this logged as UE-20258 and we’ve recently fixed it internally. I’m investigating to see if we can get fix in our next Hotfix.

In meantime, you can get fix through GitHub if you use source code:
https://github.com/EpicGames/UnrealEngine/commit/d916582bdd1f3ff5d913b3a6d3108f4394e3ab48 (must be logged into GitHub with an Epic-connected account to view link)

Cheers

Disappointed…, from 4.2 to 4.9 in vehicle direction nothing change… same problem with not natural physics, rolls and fly cars… and again I’m waiting and waiting((((

Also after update from 4,9p4 to 4.9 my collision boxes stop overlap my character(and i don’t know why), and my game not build(works only in editor), Epic say about easy cooking but i always have problem with build games some times it works some times don’t work… and log its to complicated and i cant find error…

Update: i find problem with collision boxes, so some how on of my bp have begin/overlap event from trigger from another bp(maybe 4.9 do something…) so i recreate all my triggers and delete wrong and all works again