Unreal Engine 4.9 Released!

[=;393071]
Any ETA for next fix and UE-20613 ?
[/]

Hi ,

20613 is currently under assessment and is marked as a major bug. Unfortunately I do not have a timeframe of when a fix will be made available.

[= ;393715]
Hi ,

20613 is currently under assessment and is marked as a major bug. Unfortunately I do not have a timeframe of when a fix will be made available.
[/]

how those bugs and marketplace submitting are “working together”, this bug spam warning every time when you compile blueprint with array of actors as input, which is affect only log, but still kinda sad.

Hey guys, I was curious, how progress with grainy temporal AA goes? Is there a list of bugs available to ?

Also, I’ve heard temporal AA in 4.9 is sharper comparing to 4.8, is it planned to revert old look or add option to get soft/dreamy 4.8’s AA (that I love a lot? :slight_smile: )

Hi,

Just a note on Issue: UE-20145 (since 4.8)
This issue is that UHT is not properly managing preprocessor.

It could be great to have some focus on this. We are trying to not deploy UMG/Slate for our dedicated servers and for moment we can’t as preprocessor are not handled properly so you can’t exclude a full class definition as .generated file are not created when surrounding by a preprocessor (even if preprocessor is set to “true”)

Thanks for your help as there is no workaround on this.

Not quite sure about this (already posted it on Answerhub), but it seems like Node “SetActorTickEnabled” doesn’t seem to work and will not activate/deactivate during runtime.

“UE-18482 Various engine materials fail to compile due to too many texture coordinate sets in use”

This one in latest hotfixes? Just wondering. Thank you! :slight_smile:

Hello guys,

i’m having a big problem here:

When i set some levels as sub-levels on my project, everytime i try to load one of those levels editor crashes. only way to load level is to delete all sub-levels.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/6011195/levels.jpg

Any clues on that?

Since a looong time ago, every asset I rename or delete on Editor still exists on file system (it can be checked using explorer on Windows or Finder on Mac). 4.9.2 still has this problem. Is there an open issue about this?

Not to jumped queue, but have lighting build stuck at 99% been fixed yet? It was recorded as a known issue when I search at Answerhub last time.

Is there a timeline. Thanks. I wanted to upgarde to 4.9 but this is stopping me from doing so.

[= ;395134]
Since a looong time ago, every asset I rename or delete on Editor still exists on file system (it can be checked using explorer on Windows or Finder on Mac). 4.9.2 still has this problem. Is there an open issue about this?
[/]

Looks like you are facing Redirectors. Try run “Fixup redirectors in folder” from context menu on your Content root folder, they should be gone after that.
You can a bit more about them heredocs.unrealengine.com/latest/INT/Engine/Basics/Redirectors/index.html

[=]
“UE-18482 Various engine materials fail to compile due to too many texture coordinate sets in use”

This one in latest hotfixes? Just wondering. Thank you!
[/]

No update on this yet. But a potential workaround: An already supported option is to use a Feature Level switch in materials to avoid compiling unsupported stuff at lower feature levels. This may mean they’re butchered/non-functional but should prevent warnings as well. That might be expedient approach to take.

[=danielfalci]
When i set some levels as sub-levels on my project, everytime i try to load one of those levels editor crashes. only way to load level is to delete all sub-levels.
[/]

I believe you are experiencing known bug UE-20219 (Crash on loading non-persistent level). This has been resolved in upcoming 4.10 release.

[= ]
[/]

I’m not aware of this. My own testing revealed no such case. If you can reproduce this, and it’s not due to Redirectors as Druha mentions, please log a bug report to Answerhub (see link in my signature)

[=starseeker;396155]
Not to jumped queue, but have lighting build stuck at 99% been fixed yet? It was recorded as a known issue when I search at Answerhub last time.

Is there a timeline. Thanks. I wanted to upgarde to 4.9 but this is stopping me from doing so.
[/]

issue with Lightmass hanging (UE-20782) is currently being addressed and expected to be resolved in 4.10 release. Some users have mentioned potential workaround for this by adding a BSP brush to level, or adding SM_Template_Map_Floor mesh to level.

[= Ellis;396358]

issue with Lightmass hanging (UE-20782) is currently being addressed and expected to be resolved in 4.10 release. Some users have mentioned potential workaround for this by adding a BSP brush to level, or adding SM_Template_Map_Floor mesh to level.
[/]

Thanks for answer. Much appreciated.

How about UE-20815 and UE-20798?
I’m waiting looong time.since 4.7

[=Druha;396347]
Looks like you are facing Redirectors. Try run “Fixup redirectors in folder” from context menu on your Content root folder, they should be gone after that.
You can a bit more about them heredocs.unrealengine.com/latest/INT/Engine/Basics/Redirectors/index.html
[/]

I will take a look later, but I’m sure you are right. This doc explains exactly situation I have. Thanks.

“Fixed wrong colors and artifacts when using color grading (extreme red in darks or more subtle ones).”

Is there some sort of offset value we can use in contrast to counter act this? Updating to 4.9 has made lighting / shadowing and color wrong on all of my levels.

4.10 seems to have broken 3d positional audio (hrtf) , used to work in 4.9 but in 4.10 it doesn’t spatialize correctly.

[=Illusionweaver;422329]
4.10 seems to have broken 3d positional audio (hrtf) , used to work in 4.9 but in 4.10 it doesn’t spatialize correctly.
[/]

Post on answerhub if you have not done so already so they know about it “officially”…