Download

Unreal Engine 4.9 Released!

Please post this to the answerhub in the bug reports section so we can assist you more in depth. You can find a link to the bug reports section in my signature.

thanks, will do so. :slight_smile:

4.9.1 Works! (pretty much)
thanks for all the work Epic people

quick test game in this build and it only crashed once :slight_smile:

I’m trying to update 4.9 to 4.9.1, but it’s saying it wants 15gb for the update?
Is this an update or a complete version install?

this keeps popping up in 4.9.1
didn’t think nothing of it when created a standard template First Person Shooter but got it again after re-opening the project. (no changes were made & didn’t even save it) but project works n plays normal tho’ :eek:

Error /Game/FirstPersonBP/Maps/FirstPersonExampleMap : Failed import for SkeletalMeshComponent /Game/FirstPersonBP/Blueprints/FirstPersonCharacter.FirstPersonCharacter_C:SkeletalMesh_GEN_VARIABLE

““UE-18482 Various engine materials fail to compile due to too many texture coordinate sets in use””

When does this get fixed?

Hi reok,

This has already been fixed internally. I do not have an exact timeframe of when the fix will be implemented but it should make it into a future release.

Thanks a lot! Looking forward to it in 4.9.2!

Then we are able to use the same material setup we used back in 4.8 without any errors. Thank you!

Epic are being very quiet at the moment regarding updates.

I haven’t moved to 4.9 yet as there were initially a reported issue when moving from the TADP to its replacement. Is it worth moving to 4.9 or holding out for a 4.10 preview within the next couple of weeks?

Could you guys tell me what key is used to re-center your view when in VR demo mode? Right now my camera is way off and the standard “R” key is not mapped for unreal.

Hi,

Could you please confirm that no 4.9.2 is forecasted?
If yes, could you please make sure that this major issue is included:
https://answers.unrealengine.com/questions/295937/bug-49-hud-drawmaterial-unable-to-render-transluce.html#answer-308579

I’m so surprised that Translucent material in UMG have been seen as a issue during testing. Now, I’m stuck with a UI that is not rendering properly so some important information are not here.

We are a team a 10 person not in the same office, compiling from github is not a “option”.

thanks for your help,

Hi Elvince & all,

We are currently preparing a 4.9.2 that we intend to release later this week. It will include a fix for UE-20792 (DrawMaterial() Function not Rendering Translucent Material to HUD), as well as about 20 other fixes for major bugs and crashes. Some of the other important fixes included are for issues such as: crashing when undoing in blueprints, child blueprint classes unable to change values for inherited variables, Chinese language users crashing when changing the language settings, the inability to submit to the Apple store for iOS9, and more. Full details will be made available with the release of the hotfix.

Cheers

Thanks for the update & support. It’s an excellent news.

Has the Morpheus plugin been removed? I no longer see it as a selectable plugin, whereas it was for me in 4.8.3?

Thanks for your greate work!
I’m a little curious about when these bugs being fixed:UE-21000(DOF crash on metal)
and theBehaviorTree issue:Issue changing between states in Blackboard - UE4 AnswerHub
These two are so important for me!Thanks!

UE-21000 is actually the same root issue as UE-20952 (Launching a Project which uses Depth of Field crashes to Home Screen on iOS8 device), and the fix will be included in the 4.9.2 Hotfix.

Your other issue (with Enumerators in Blackboard) was logged as UE-20867 and has already been fixed and released in the 4.9.1 Hotfix.

Cheers!

Thanks so much to hear this greate news!
However,actually in 4.9.1,I still have this AI issue,which in 4.8.3 never occurs:I have posted a bug report on my own while using 4.9.1,one of the staff told me it was still under investigation…
https://answers.unrealengine.com/questions/291967/ai-behaviortree-in-49-issue.html

UPDATE!

The 4.9.2 Hotfix is now live!

If you experience a bug with the 4.9.2 Hotfix, please remember to log a bug report for the issue on the UE4 AnswerHub to the Bug Reports section.

Fixed in 4.9.2

Fixed! UE-20792 DrawMaterial() Function not Rendering Translucent Material to HUD
Fixed! UE-21233 Calling RequestStimuliListenerUpdate on actor with one element in AIPerception Sensing Config causes crash
Fixed! UE-21234 Crash on play when AIPerception Senses Config element is set to “sense config” options
Fixed! UE-20913 Undo after deletion in BP editor causes crash
Fixed! UE-17698 [CrashReport] UE4Editor_CoreUObject!UStruct::IsChildOf() [class.h:400]
Fixed! UE-20644 [CrashReport] Crash while undoing in Blueprints - FObjectRecord::FReader::operator
Fixed! UE-20258 Child blueprint classes can no longer change default values for inherited variables
Fixed! UE-21081 Cannot open assets created in 4.9.1 in 4.9.0 version of editor
Fixed! UE-20210 [CrashReport] Crash on Windows Chinese version when changing editor language
Fixed! UE-21337 Movies are not skipped when Wait for Movies to Complete is false
Fixed! UE-21292 Parallax Occlusion Mapping broken on Macs
Fixed! UE-21127 Crash in FSlateImageRun destructor
Fixed! UE-20550 Sliders and check boxs not working on touch screen device
Fixed! UE-21076 Possible divide by zero in animation transitions with zero crossfade durations
Fixed! UE-20961 [CrashReport] UE4Editor_Engine!FKShapeElem::GetShapeCheck<FKConvexElem>() [shapeelem.h:55]
Fixed! UE-20952 Launching a Project which uses Depth of Field crashes to Home Screen on iOS8 device
Fixed! UE-21123 PowerVR Galaxy S4 (GT-I9500) shows black scene when MobileHDR enabled
Fixed! UE-21367 Submitting to App store for IOS 9 leads to validation errors
Fixed! UE-20940 Effects.umap causes Standalone and Mobile Preview PIE to Crash
Fixed! UE-21126 Foliage culling broken on XboxOne
Update UE-21185 Update buttons on CrashReporter window to encourage submission

Nice list of crash fix …
… but no fix on the dithering/aa bug (and that make me sad^^)

On 4.9.2
http://tof.canardpc.com/preview2/f7ceea00-b225-4ab2-abe6-ff5028cf084b.jpg

Thanks for all the bug fixes! Awesome progression.

Also, you guys are continually not including the “ART TOOLS” in the “EXTRAS” folder of the OSX build.
Please double check that.

Thanks.