I had even longer ones. The sad part was that many of the items the engine picked on weren’t even in use by my project, they where included in parts of assets packs that I didn’t use. Next time I plan on putting together my GameJam project and doing a compile right from the start to see where there are problems with the assets packs. While I was able to delete some of the stuff, other items where it use which made things problematic at best. And I did try to fix it which ended up killing the project at about 4pm. It took me another 4 hours to restore stuff back into working order in the editor but compiling it still down at this time.
Something else to keep in mind that when you have compile times in the 2+ hour range, you don’t have many tries at getting right on Sunday. Add to it the fact that it takes me 5+ hours to upload a GameJam project means that it has to be working for me at 3 MST time to make my deadlines. Of course, that’s part of the challenge of building a game that’s interesting. At least the good news is that I probably wouldn’t have that issue next month when it counts as I’ve learned that lesson this month. So it’s not all bad news. I did learn a bunch of cool stuff with level design so I’m still happy with the results. If you want, there is a developer video of the game I built at the following link.
Let me know what you think of the video as that’s all I am going to get for this months efforts. I thought I managed to get some really cool lighting effects on this project.