Unreal Engine 4.8 Released!

Another game-breaker bug i posted on answerhub. Now it’s almost impossible for me to continue to work on my project.

[=;330304]
Another game-breaker bug i posted on answerhub. Now it’s almost impossible for me to continue to work on my project.

[/]

Got the same error every time i tried to change the game instance from “Settings/World Settings”. Got it working instead from “Edit/Project Settings…/Maps & Modes”

[=;330396]
Got the same error every time i tried to change the game instance from “Settings/World Settings”. Got it working instead from “Edit/Project Settings…/Maps & Modes”
[/]

But i have that crash on “Edit/Project Settings/Maps & Modes” When i start the project it looks fine and it works. But whenever i open another level on editor, it becomes “None” and trying to change that causes editor crash. I checked my DefaultEngine.ini too, it has the right value but looks like editor can’t take that when i change map. I’m using perforce and DefaultEngine.ini is checked out. It was working without any problem 2-3 days ago but this problem just started.

Update: I realized what causes this bug. When you move your game instance and game mode classes to another folder in editor, it doesn’t change the directory structure on Defaultengine.ini and everytime you try to change set it back again, editor crashes. Changing directory from DefaultEngine.ini manually fixed my problem. But it’s still a bug.

UPDATE!

The 4.8.2 Hotfix is now live! It contains more than 30 important fixes.

If you experience a bug with the 4.8.2 Hotfix, please remember to

Fixed in 4.8.2

UE-16177 When launching the editor and having oculus_runtime_sdk_0.6.0.0_win_partner installed, the editor crashes.
UE-16608 Convert Actor option is grayed out and not selectable. (ConversionRoot metadata not found)
UE-16822 [CrashReport] Saving in animation blueprint can cause a crash
UE-16896 Level streaming crash in KiteDemo after retriggering cinematic
UE-16905 User Play Space Rot does not change anything in Client Play Camera Shake
UE-16966 Default settings cannot be used to import character animations
UE-16970 StrategyGame crash on android devices bad name index
UE-17103 Curve editor breaks randomly in Cascade
UE-17118 Custom Output node added to a Material Editor crashes Editor
UE-17163 [CrashReport] dxgi! and RHI related crash on project open
UE-17167 [CrashReport] Character interaction with asset causes crash
UE-17177 Localization manifest writing fails if source control is hooked up and the manifest file does not exist already.
UE-17211 [CrashReport] Clicking connection wires between blueprints nodes causes crash
UE-17212 Stack overflow due to heavy recursion in indirect lighting cache
UE-17213 LightSourceAngle is incorrectly greyed out
UE-17216 [CrashReport] Crash in FD3D11ComputeShader::~FD3D11ComputeShader()
UE-17226 OnPaint function causes artifacts to show up in a New Editor window
UE-17384 Import options broken when importing bones-only fbx animation
UE-17385 Android game packaged with obb outside apk does not create SaveGame directory on device
UE-17400 Regression for UPROPERTY specifier causing crash (“Template Mismatch during attachment”) during PIE
UE-17419 Crash compiling BPAIController and RunnerAI via session frontend test
UE-17443 DynamicModifiersOnly navmesh generation mode doesn’t work
UE-17523 Paper2D Set Sprite function in Construction requires mobility to be set to Movable
UE-17562 [CrashReport] Crash in TBaseMulticastDelegate<void,TSharedPtr<FSearchEntry,0> >::AddDelegateInstance()
UE-17569 GitHub 1309 : [Core][Windows] Don’t crash when GetRawInputData() fails.
UE-17673 Clicking the GameMode Override dropdown in the World Settings tab crashes the editor
UE-17792 Analog Input does not work for network clients (AddMovementInput scale values other than 0 and 1 do not replicate for clients)
UE-17829 Second client fails to load when using multiplayer PIE in separate processes
UE-18020 Crash Report Client - updates to data collection
UE-18041 [CrashReport] Fatal error in PostInitProperties
UE-18080 [CrashReport] Crash in UProjectileMovementComponent::TickComponent()
UE-18173 Crash report client submits user names for github builds

Any timeline on UE-17032? it’s a showstopper for us :frowning:

Thank you so much for rolling out the hotfix :slight_smile:

Hope I can finally get an Android packaged game working now.

Align Surface still doesnt work :frowning:

Thanks for the fix on the crashing while changing gamemode settings.

Thank you for the bug fixes. How big is the 4.8.2 hotfix download?

[=androidvlieg;332201]
Thank you for the bug fixes. How big is the 4.8.2 hotfix download?
[/]

It’s 1,4 GB

**EDIT:
**It’s downloading another 2,6 GB now :frowning: so about 4GB in total

Soo, Oculus preview still screwed up (grayed out) huh?

Still cant use struct arrays. /sad

Guessing this hasn’t been fixed?
Downloading the update now. Just wondering if this is being tracked? I heard that it was supposed to be fixed in 4.8 but that was globally. Seems to be happening here and there.

For the first time since the release of the engine I can’t install this update I get the MSG

**Install Failed:
**A File corruption has occurred. Please try again (did so for 20x already)

**Question:
**If I uninstall all the engine version and reinstall a clean 4.8.2 only will I lose my project files? in the “\Users\Documents\Unreal Projects” folder?

you need to copy your files just in case, always backup and save often

[=Iridescence;332452]
you need to copy your files just in case, always backup and save often
[/]

Yeah I already did. I had a lot of projects and engine versions installed (every public release / even from subscription time) so maybe it’s a good thing that I have to reinstall it. I just hope this will work (@ 26% now :frowning: )

So with 4.8.2 I can’t even launch to the device anymore or install via the batch file in Developer build as it will crash the game on the device. Time that EPIC steps up and fixes this **** already. Also maybe change the frontage

Mobile

[FONT=Open Sans]Designed for mobile, now and in the future. From simple 2D games to stunning high-end visuals, Unreal Engine 4 gives you the power to develop your game and seamlessly deploy to iOS and Android devices.

That’s false advertisement for the last 5 public releases now, as it doesn’t run/work at all.

Fix for UE-17053 (broken VR preview) still not integrated?!

There is a working fix available since weeks available, directly from Oculus: .com/Oculus-VR/UnrealEngine/commit/cb729b8ed9508519e43787a23818f3a602959ba7 (basically move 2 lines in the code)

In this thread it was announced that this fix would finally be part of 4.8.2.

So the VR preview in 4.8 is still broken, nearly for 5 weeks now? Seriously?

[=;332779]
Fix for UE-17053 (broken VR preview) still not integrated?!

There is a working fix available since weeks available, directly from Oculus: .com/Oculus-VR/UnrealEngine/commit/cb729b8ed9508519e43787a23818f3a602959ba7 (basically move 2 lines in the code)

In this thread it was announced that this fix would finally be part of 4.8.2.

So the VR preview in 4.8 is still broken, nearly for 5 weeks now? Seriously?
[/]

Hi ,

There seems to have been some misunderstanding from unclear communication. It was never said that the fix would be available in 4.8.2, was simply confirming that the pull-request from Art_Oculus was integrated. He meant into the 4.9 branch, but I do understand how that was unclear and lead to the misunderstanding. I apologize for that, and we’ll be sure to be more explicit in our communications onward.

Cheers