I am facing the following crash report on launching my editor in Unreal Engine 4.8.1.
Access violation - code c0000005 (first/second chance not available)
I have a few questions for you that will help narrow down what issue it is that you are experiencing.
- Does this issue occur when starting up the engine or a specific project?
- Could you try Verifying your engine (image below for reference)?
- Can you navigate to the .uproject file and launch from there? (Default path: C:\Users\YourUserName\Documents\Unreal Projects\YourProjectName)
- Could you provide the full call stack that you are receiving (including the Machine ID)?
- Have you ever been able to open the editor on the machine that you are experiencing this issue on?
- Could you specify when it crashes (Examples: 7% loading, As soon as the project comes up, the project selection window)?
This issue was occurring when starting up the engine.
I tried from there too but editor still crashed.
Yes it was working fine till yesterday.
It was crashing on 39%
Now the crash is not occurring like before. The only changes I did is that I installed version 4.9 today . I guess it somehow made version 4.8 to work too.
From your reply it sounds like your issue is no longer occurring and that is good to hear. I am going to accept your last comment as an answer. However, if this issue returns please feel free to reopen this thread with the full call stack from the crash logs and any additional information.
Make it a great day