Unreal Engine 4.75 installation corrupt

I have attempted to install the engine several times, however the download gets to 100% then it says “cleaning up” and then it downloads a smaller file , this continues until a message pops up saying that the installation has failed or that a file is corrupt.

Hi PierolDK315,

Try the suggestions in this section of the troubleshooting guide. If nothing works for you, post your dxdiag (system specs) and follow the steps towards the bottom of that link to generate your Debug Logs. Then post them here.

Nothing worked, i tried those steps previously, and now have the debug logs.
I have an 8 day old pc with a MSI 970 Gaming am3+, 8gb ram, a radeon R9 270 2GB, AMD FX-6300 3.5GHz, with windows 7 home premium 64 bit

Could you post a copy of your Dxdiag? It has updates and drivers listed that may affect the installation.

Windows: Go to the Start menu and type ‘dxdiag’ into the search bar. Open that file and then click ‘Save All Information’. Post that text file here.

link text

Hi Pierol,

I’m sorry you’re experiencing this issue. If you have a file corruption the best solution would be to delete everything in “C:\Program Files\Epic Games\Launcher\PatchStaging” and try your download again. Let me know if this issue is still occurring afterwards.

-Max B.

Hello, i re-downloaded after deleting the file you mentioned, however the problem remains, ‘install failed, the installation is corrupt’

looking through you logs some more and I see that you have the launcher installed on the B:\ drive. This seems like an odd choice in drive letters since that is usually reserved on Windows. Have you had any other issues with using the B drive? It may be worth a shot to install on another drive and see if this problem still occurs.

I’ll give that a shot, thank you

It now says “Could not download patch data” no longer the installation is corrupt?

hmm can you try grabbing a new debug log of this for me to take a look at?

-Max B.

Sorry for the long delay. I redownloaded it now with 4.7.6 and it installed. thanks for all your help.