Unreal Engine 4.7 Released!

Can I dare to ask if there’s a planned 4.7.4 or if you’ll prefer to move all the fixes in the new 4.8?
By the way, I’m eager to know what are going to be the news in 4.8 :slight_smile:

Cheers!

[=Monops;256610]
Can I dare to ask if there’s a planned 4.7.4 or if you’ll prefer to move all the fixes in the new 4.8?
By the way, I’m eager to know what are going to be the news in 4.8 :slight_smile:

Cheers!

[/]

From what I have seen posted over the past couple of days there will likely be a version 4.7.4. No info on when, but it has been mentioned a couple of times. :slight_smile:

I’ve been hesitant to update to 4.7 due to a lot of bugs and crashes I’ve been hearing about. Hopefully it clears up soon.

[=Monops;256610]
[/]

We are currently preparing a 4.7.4 Hotfix, and are intending to release it next week (the week of Mar 30 - Apr 3). The release date is subject to change of course. At the moment, the hotfix contains nearly 40 fixes, mostly for crashes and some issues with Morpheus.

[=]
I’ve been hesitant to update to 4.7 due to a lot of bugs and crashes I’ve been hearing about. Hopefully it clears up soon.
[/]

If you find yourself developing on a version which you find stable and suitable to your needs, then it is definitely wise to remain on that version of the engine. becomes even more true as you near the end of your project. However if you wish to test out a later version, remember that you should always be doing so by making a copy of your project and updating that copy. way, in case there are any issues, you still have your original project on the older version.

Cheers

Absolutely. I’ve actually gotten used to waiting a while after updates, for all software in general not just UE4, since it can take some time to work out the kinks and there. The waiting is more anxious though when you have cool new features that are involved, which you guys bring with almost every update. =P

[= ;256869]
We are currently preparing a 4.7.4 Hotfix, and are intending to release it next week (the week of Mar 30 - Apr 3). The release date is subject to change of course. At the moment, the hotfix contains nearly 40 fixes, mostly for crashes and some issues with Morpheus.

If you find yourself developing on a version which you find stable and suitable to your needs, then it is definitely wise to remain on that version of the engine. becomes even more true as you near the end of your project. However if you wish to test out a later version, remember that you should always be doing so by making a copy of your project and updating that copy. way, in case there are any issues, you still have your original project on the older version.

Cheers
[/]

Thanks for the information regarding the upcoming release of UE 4.7.4. It’s good to know what’s in the works.

why i had to download all 4.7.3 ~ 4GB instead only updates from 4.7.2 to new one ?

[= ;256869]
[/]

A big problem is not that the project changes when updating to a new version - if you’re using Source Control it’s easy to role back - but that if an update has an, you have to go back to the previous full release. I couldn’t, for example, go from 4.7.3 to 4.7.2 via the Launcher. can be even more problematic with Preview versions, which can be more unstable.

Would it be possible, for example, to update the Launcher so that it’s possible to get any of the updates the currently released version, and list all preview builds to get whilst the current version is in a preview state?

[= ;256869]

Cheers
[/]

Any GearVR improvements/fixes being delivered in 4.7.4?

How long do I have to wait until PR-944 finally gets into the 4.7 branch? I am now waiting for 16 days since I reported the bug and 7 days since it was fixed by PR-944, is it so hard to put a small critical fix like into it? I can’t play my game properly until is fixed :frowning: And many others have the same problem since it affects with BP structs.

[= ;258668]
How long do I have to wait until PR-944 finally gets into the 4.7 branch? I am now waiting for 16 days since I reported the bug and 7 days since it was fixed by PR-944, is it so hard to put a small critical fix like into it? I can’t play my game properly until is fixed :frowning: And many others have the same problem since it affects with BP structs.
[/]

I also really wish that the struct bug fix will be part of the next release…

i dont think they really explained fully on how to setup the dlc thing and i can’t seem to figure it out how to get it working has anyone got it working yet?

[=;257386]
I couldn’t, for example, go from 4.7.3 to 4.7.2 via the Launcher. can be even more problematic with Preview versions, which can be more unstable.

[/]

is why I can’t work on my project now. I am waiting for the 4.7.4 because a bug broke the project when I made the upgrade from 4.7.2 to 4.7.3.

[=;259148]
I also really wish that the struct bug fix will be part of the next release…
[/]

PR #944 should be part of 4.7.4: https://github/EpicGames/UnrealEngine/commit/6ca208f9d87d433deaa6a284e33b118d29e45335

Cheers,

Where can i find the source code for ue 4.73? Epic´s github account doesn´t seems to have published it, and in documentation says that leap motion plugin is only available through source code version.
https://github/EpicGames

Thanks in advance.
F.

4.7.3-release git tag
Epic pushes 4.x versions as branches and minor versions are taged in that branch.

In version 4.7.3 when I try to play with 2 players (listen and client) engine just crash without any warnings.Does anyone else have problem.I tried in version 4.6.1 and it works. :slight_smile: is only problem I have in version 4.7.3

Hi ,

Can you post to **AnswerHub **in the Bug Reports section with all steps detailing how to recreate (see my signature for steps on reporting a bug)? is the best way to track crashes and other bugs that are being reported. The isn’t a good way to offer the best help in regard.

Thank you!

[= ;262062]
Hi ,

Can you post to **AnswerHub **in the Bug Reports section with all steps detailing how to recreate (see my signature for steps on reporting a bug)? is the best way to track crashes and other bugs that are being reported. The isn’t a good way to offer the best help in regard.

Thank you!

[/]

Ok,thanks.

[=;260559]
PR #944 should be part of 4.7.4: https://github/EpicGames/UnrealEngine/commit/6ca208f9d87d433deaa6a284e33b118d29e45335

Cheers,

[/]

Awesome!

Cheers!