Unreal Engine 4.4 Preview Notes

[=;110161]
At this rhythm, when unreal engine 5 will be out? :smiley:
[/]

How could you know they wonā€™t release a 4.10.0?

Any chance of adding select actor > right click > reimport object as a while your at it?

I do 90% of my environment design in 3ds using FBX as the source chain and itā€™s a bit of a pain to have to do a reimport from the browser.

[]
New: Added BP-callable accessors for spline mesh component values.
[/]

Anyone know what this entails? Any additional control over the spline mesh is great! :slight_smile:

on the roadmap it says html5 should be ready for binary release in 4.4.
is this still the plan?

[= Noland;109595]
will be updated soon. All you should need to do for your own game is to call QuitGame in response to the back button when at the top level menu.

Cheers,
Noland
[/]

I cannot for the life of me get this to work - The ā€œAndroid Back Buttonā€ input event works fine but hte Quitgame not and Iā€™m not alone (no one seems to have gotten this to work yet). We know the QuitGame should not actually kill the game completely however it should somehow reset - go to desktop - then be put to sleep so it stops using phone battery. This is still a blocker for releasing anything on Android in my opinion and Iā€™m really hoping it makes it into the final 4.4.0!

Other reports of this problem with no solution:
https://answers.unrealengine/questions/58911/request-semblence-of-quit-in-android.html
https://answers.unrealengine/questions/55629/quit-game-blueprint-node-does-not-work-on-android.html

[=aussieburger;109537]
Just noticed an incorrect tooltip in the 4.4 Preview for the Experimental Ad Banner Blueprint nodes - it says iOS only however itā€™s still working great with Admob on Android :wink:
[/]

Thanks for the heads up, Iā€™ll make sure we update the comment and remove the experimental tag on the advertising calls.

Cheers,
Noland

Hi aussieburger,

Sorry about that, it turns out that the change for Android to return true for SupportsQuit hadnā€™t been made yet (done ingithub/EpicGames/UnrealEngine/commit/71ef76dffd30035ff0db42ae8ce75fd361940827). Itā€™s being worked on today and there are a few more changes incoming that havenā€™t made it to the branch yet (most notablygithub/EpicGames/UnrealEngine/commit/60ef19ca8f5f4820173faf20eab4d37ef5e128d9).

Cheers,
Noland

4.4 is seriously awesome so great work with that :D.
However I did want to report an issue I found in it here, after upgrading my project to 4.4 the mesh objects in my particle system have somehow become offset and shooting in the wrong direction.
://puu.sh/aFi9i/caab348e50.png
://puu.sh/aFiuU/3f875fbc6c.png
They should be lining up with the beams shot at the player, however instead they are sideways like that-and none of the rotation settings are effecting the mesh particles, and they shouldnā€™t even be spawned where they are being spawned because itā€™s not like their offset has changed (note they are part of the same particle system as the beams), so Iā€™m not sure how this is being caused.

[= Noland;111262]
Hi aussieburger,

Sorry about that, it turns out that the change for Android to return true for SupportsQuit hadnā€™t been made yet (done ingithub/EpicGames/UnrealEngine/commit/71ef76dffd30035ff0db42ae8ce75fd361940827). Itā€™s being worked on today and there are a few more changes incoming that havenā€™t made it to the branch yet (most notablygithub/EpicGames/UnrealEngine/commit/60ef19ca8f5f4820173faf20eab4d37ef5e128d9).

Cheers,
Noland
[/]

thx, nice to hear :slight_smile:

[=;111372]
4.4 is seriously awesome so great work with that :D.
However I did want to report an issue I found in it here, after upgrading my project to 4.4 the mesh objects in my particle system have somehow become offset and shooting in the wrong direction.
://puu.sh/aFi9i/caab348e50.png
://puu.sh/aFiuU/3f875fbc6c.png
They should be lining up with the beams shot at the player, however instead they are sideways like that-and none of the rotation settings are effecting the mesh particles, and they shouldnā€™t even be spawned where they are being spawned because itā€™s not like their offset has changed (note they are part of the same particle system as the beams), so Iā€™m not sure how this is being caused.
[/]

Can you post this to AnswerHubtagged as ā€œ4.4 Previewā€? And maybe attach the assets so we can reproduce internally?

Hi, I hope UE4.4 will bring back the pivot X,Y,Z position menu setting from UE4.2.1 is located from menu toolbar. Now its disable or remove. We needed the Pivot setting for change the X,Y,Z position of the pivot. I tried the alternative way by clicking middle mouse and select pivot to adjust the location. but if you change the objects and select again, you needed drag the pivot.

Note: From any 3d programs like 3DS , Maya and so on. The pivot are already in the center of object. but when Importing and re-sizing the object the Pivot also automatic adjust from original position.

thx epic for the awesome UMG BP. :slight_smile:

[=Ray ;109964]
Weā€™re work to get this sorted as quickly as possible for both 4.3 via hotfix and for the upcoming 4.4 release (may end up being a hotfix as well depending on coordination of schedules). Not sure final time table on this yet but weā€™ll get some concrete info out early next week.
[/]

Just wanted to touch base and see if there was anynews on this? Thanks!

[=BlueByLiquid;114867]
Just wanted to touch base and see if there was anynews on this? Thanks!
[/]

I second that.
DK2 support was the only reason I got into UE4 development to begin with.

I think proper DK2 support in UE4 might also require Oculus SDK 0.4.1? Iā€™m sure they are working together as we speak to get it fixed asap.

[=kryptopath;110945]
on the roadmap it says html5 should be ready for binary release in 4.4.
is this still the plan?
[/]

I do really hope so, 'cause some projects of mine really need to be build into HTML5 asap :confused:

[=;117565]
I do really hope so, 'cause some projects of mine really need to be build into HTML5 asap :confused:
[/]

Unfortunately not. :frowning: We are working on re-prioritizing some developers to get HTML5 back on track along with a proper binary release asap, but this is looking like it will happen with 4.5 at this point.

[=Ray ;117764]
Unfortunately not. :frowning: We are working on re-prioritizing some developers to get HTML5 back on track along with a proper binary release asap, but this is looking like it will happen with 4.5 at this point.
[/]

Oh cr*pā€¦ gotta try to recreate whole project in 48 hours in Unity then lol, anyhow, glad to hear it may be done for the next release :smiley:

thx for the info on html5. i just saw, you added the ā€œseptemberā€-tag to the roadmap. at least it is a lot sooner than the unity5 release :wink:

[=Ray ;109964]
Weā€™re work to get this sorted as quickly as possible for both 4.3 via hotfix and for the upcoming 4.4 release (may end up being a hotfix as well depending on coordination of schedules). Not sure final time table on this yet but weā€™ll get some concrete info out early next week.
[/]

So its now late next week :slight_smile: Any updates? Or did I miss it somewhere else?