Unreal Engine 4.3 won't load a project after pc

Project loaded, built and saved fine… editor close without any errors…
pc, cannot load my project… if I open a copy in 4.4 i got no sound like always, but it loads and plays fine…

Any help would be appreciated… luckily for me i built a beta so at least i can have folks come over n test for tweaking if i can ever open the project again… we’ll see after the updates…

Hey ,

Thank you for your report. I have assigned this issue to , and he will begin investigation as soon as possible.

If we are unable to reproduce the issue, or we need additional information, our staff will comment here with additional questions. Otherwise, we will post an ‘Answer’ once we have logged the issue in our bug database or we have a solution for it.

In the meantime, please be sure to review our suggestions for how to report a bug, and feel free to edit your post if you have additional information to provide.

Cheers,

Thanks, I appreciate the efforts…

Hi ,

Are you getting any error messages when you attempt to load the project? Do you have any logs in the \Unreal Projects\PROJECTNAME\saved\logs\ folder from the most recent time you attempted to load a project? Can you load a clean project with no additional content?

Yes, I will attach the log… any project loads fine but this one…
link text

Hi ,

Did you get the engine from Github or from the launcher?

This one is official release from the launcher…

HI ,

If you are comfortable with it, I would be happy to have a look at your project. If you can upload it here or to an ftp server like dropbox and provide the link I can look to see what is going on.

Honestly, I will see if i have it… I pretty much assumed it was screwed and am in the process of re-doing the entire project…
send me an email and I can send you a link to download the project once i dig it out…

Hi ,

We have not heard from you in quite some time. I am marking this thread as answered for tracking purposes. If you are still experiencing this problem, please comment and let us know so we can continue to attempt to diagnose your potential bug.