Unreal engine 4.3 asking for Kernelbase.dll everytime I try to start it

I am using unreal 4.3.0 and when I try to open it, the following error is displayed:

Failed to create file: C:/Program Files (x86)/Unreal Engine 4.3.0/Unreal Engine/Engine/Intermediate/Shaders/WorkingDirectory/9352/0/WorkerInputOnly.in

Address = 0xc8d7606c (filename not found) [in C:\WINDOWS\system32\KERNELBASE.dll]

FOutputDeviceWindowsError::Serialize() 0xa1d0d19c + 0 bytes [File=c:\unrealengine 4.3.0\engine\source\runtime\core\private\windows\windowsplatformoutputdevices.cpp:113] [in C:\Program Files (x86)\Unreal Engine 4.3.0\Unreal Engine\Engine\Binaries\Win64\UE4Editor-Core.dll]

FMsg::Logf__VA() 0xa1bbb21a + 0 bytes [File=c:\unrealengine 4.3.0\engine\source\runtime\core\private\misc\outputdevice.cpp:547] [in C:\Program Files (x86)\Unreal Engine 4.3.0\Unreal Engine\Engine\Binaries\Win64\UE4Editor-Core.dll]

FFileManagerGeneric::CreateFileWriter() 0xa1a7c995 + 0 bytes [File=c:\unrealengine 4.3.0\engine\source\runtime\core\private\hal\filemanagergeneric.cpp:111] [in C:\Program Files (x86)\Unreal Engine 4.3.0\Unreal Engine\Engine\Binaries\Win64\UE4Editor-Core.dll]

FShaderCompileThreadRunnable::WriteNewTasks() 0x9b630333 + 37 bytes [File=c:\unrealengine 4.3.0\engine\source\runtime\engine\private\shadercompiler\shadercompiler.cpp:674] [in C:\Program Files (x86)\Unreal Engine 4.3.0\Unreal Engine\Engine\Binaries\Win64\UE4Editor-Engine.dll]

FShaderCompileThreadRunnable::CompilingLoop() 0x9b5f9eb5 + 0 bytes [File=c:\unrealengine 4.3.0\engine\source\runtime\engine\private\shadercompiler\shadercompiler.cpp:961] [in C:\Program Files (x86)\Unreal Engine 4.3.0\Unreal Engine\Engine\Binaries\Win64\UE4Editor-Engine.dll]

FShaderCompileThreadRunnable::Run() 0x9b624920 + 0 bytes [File=c:\unrealengine 4.3.0\engine\source\runtime\engine\private\shadercompiler\shadercompiler.cpp:485] [in C:\Program Files (x86)\Unreal Engine 4.3.0\Unreal Engine\Engine\Binaries\Win64\UE4Editor-Engine.dll]

FRunnableThreadWin::Run() 0xa1d0c396 + 0 bytes [File=c:\unrealengine 4.3.0\engine\source\runtime\core\private\windows\windowsrunnablethread.cpp:66] [in C:\Program Files (x86)\Unreal Engine 4.3.0\Unreal Engine\Engine\Binaries\Win64\UE4Editor-Core.dll]

FRunnableThreadWin::GuardedRun() 0xa1d05afd + 8 bytes [File=c:\unrealengine 4.3.0\engine\source\runtime\core\private\windows\windowsrunnablethread.cpp:24] [in C:\Program Files (x86)\Unreal Engine 4.3.0\Unreal Engine\Engine\Binaries\Win64\UE4Editor-Core.dll]

Address = 0xc94b16ad (filename not found) [in C:\WINDOWS\system32\KERNEL32.DLL]

Address = 0xcb754409 (filename not found) [in C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\ntdll.dll]

Address = 0xcb754409 (filename not found) [in C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\ntdll.dll]

What should I do?

Can you try opening up the Launcher and then clicking the small down arrow next to the “Launch” button and selecting “Verify”, this will ensure all of the required files are downloaded & installed.

24600-launcher2.png

Also can you try downloading a different version of the editor and see if the same issue occurs if what I mentioned above still doesn’t help?

Let us know if that fixes it for you!

Hi CEB,

Sorry for the delayed response to your question. Are you using the binary version of the Engine installed by the Launcher, or did you build the Engine from source code? If you are using the binary version of the Engine, please try 's suggestion above and let us know if that corrects the issue for you. If you built the Engine from source code, try redownloading the source code and build the Engine again.

As mentioned, do you see the same results if you download a different version of the Engine? Were you able to run the Engine successfully previously?

Hi CEB,

We haven’t heard back from you in a while, so we are marking this post as Resolved for tracking purposes. Please let us know if you are still experiencing this issue.

Cheers