Unreal Engine 4.27 fails to create Blank project under Linux

I am trying to create a new Blank project.

Ho to reproduce the issue:
“Select or create new project” => “Film, television and live events” => Blank => “With starter content, raytracing disabled” => Create Project.

After a while I receive the error in attachment.

Any hints?

Try building the project on the CLI to check what is failing on that plugin.

<PATH TO UE4>/Engine/Build/BatchFiles/Linux/Build.sh Linux Development -Project=<PATH TO PROJECTS>/<ProjectName>/<ProjectName>.uproject -TargetType=Editor

Thanks @Acheta Games, this is the output of the command you have suggested. It looks everything ok, right?

------- Build details --------
Using toolchain located at '/home/dapx/Sources/UnrealEngine/Engine/Extras/ThirdPartyNotUE/SDKs/HostLinux/Linux_x64/v19_clang-11.0.1-centos7/x86_64-unknown-linux-gnu'.
Using clang (/home/dapx/Sources/UnrealEngine/Engine/Extras/ThirdPartyNotUE/SDKs/HostLinux/Linux_x64/v19_clang-11.0.1-centos7/x86_64-unknown-linux-gnu/bin/clang++) version '11.0.1' (string), 11 (major), 0 (minor), 1 (patch)
Using bundled libc++ standard C++ library.
Using lld linker
Using llvm-ar : /home/dapx/Sources/UnrealEngine/Engine/Extras/ThirdPartyNotUE/SDKs/HostLinux/Linux_x64/v19_clang-11.0.1-centos7/x86_64-unknown-linux-gnu/bin/llvm-ar
Using fast way to relink  circularly dependent libraries (no FixDeps).
------------------------------
Building UE4Editor...
Performing 1 actions (16 in parallel)
[1/1] UnrealBuildTool.exe UE4Editor.target
Total time in Local executor: 0.50 seconds
Total execution time: 17.90 seconds

Hello, thanks for your reply. it looks like there is no error from the CLI

Fixing inconsistent case in filenames.
Setting up Mono
Running command : Engine/Binaries/DotNET/UnrealBuildTool.exe Linux Development -Project=/home/dapx/Documents/Unreal Projects/TutorialCinematic/TutorialCinematic.uproject -TargetType=Editor
Using 'git status' to determine working set for adaptive non-unity build (/home/dapx/Sources/UnrealEngine).
Creating makefile for UE4Editor (no existing makefile)
Parsing headers for UE4Editor
  Running UnrealHeaderTool "/home/dapx/Documents/Unreal Projects/TutorialCinematic/TutorialCinematic.uproject" "/home/dapx/Documents/Unreal Projects/TutorialCinematic/Intermediate/Build/Linux/B4D820EA/UE4Editor/Development/UE4Editor.uhtmanifest" -LogCmds="loginit warning, logexit warning, logdatabase error" -Unattended -WarningsAsErrors -abslog="/home/dapx/Sources/UnrealEngine/Engine/Programs/UnrealBuildTool/Log_UHT.txt"
Looking for binary: ../../../Engine/Programs/UnrealHeaderTool/Config/BinaryConfig.ini
LogInit: Display: Loading text-based GConfig....
Reflection code generated for UE4Editor in 5.1904355 seconds
------- Build details --------
Using toolchain located at '/home/dapx/Sources/UnrealEngine/Engine/Extras/ThirdPartyNotUE/SDKs/HostLinux/Linux_x64/v19_clang-11.0.1-centos7/x86_64-unknown-linux-gnu'.
Using clang (/home/dapx/Sources/UnrealEngine/Engine/Extras/ThirdPartyNotUE/SDKs/HostLinux/Linux_x64/v19_clang-11.0.1-centos7/x86_64-unknown-linux-gnu/bin/clang++) version '11.0.1' (string), 11 (major), 0 (minor), 1 (patch)
Using bundled libc++ standard C++ library.
Using lld linker
Using llvm-ar : /home/dapx/Sources/UnrealEngine/Engine/Extras/ThirdPartyNotUE/SDKs/HostLinux/Linux_x64/v19_clang-11.0.1-centos7/x86_64-unknown-linux-gnu/bin/llvm-ar
Using fast way to relink  circularly dependent libraries (no FixDeps).
------------------------------
Building UE4Editor...
Performing 1 actions (16 in parallel)
[1/1] UnrealBuildTool.exe UE4Editor.target
Total time in Local executor: 0.50 seconds
Total execution time: 17.90 seconds

Yes, can you try opening the project now?

Same error as before :frowning:

And what does the log say? It should be in the project dir “Saved/Logs/”, that would also provide a bit more info.

I am launching Unreal from the CLI, as the desktop icon does not work. the warning says:

[2021.08.25-10.32.45:580][  0]LogCore: Warning: dlopen failed: libDeckLinkAPI.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
[2021.08.25-10.32.45:580][  0]LogModuleManager: Warning: ModuleManager: Unable to load module '/home/dapx/Sources/UnrealEngine/Engine/Plugins/Media/BlackmagicMedia/Binaries/Linux/libUE4Editor-BlackmagicMedia.so' because the file couldn't be loaded by the OS.
[2021.08.25-10.32.45:581][  0]LogCore: Warning: dlopen failed: libDeckLinkAPI.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
[2021.08.25-10.32.45:581][  0]LogModuleManager: Warning: ModuleManager: Unable to load module '/home/dapx/Sources/UnrealEngine/Engine/Plugins/Media/BlackmagicMedia/Binaries/Linux/libUE4Editor-BlackmagicMediaOutput.so' because the file couldn't be loaded by the OS.

The files libUE4Editor-BlackmagicMedia.so and libUE4Editor-BlackmagicMediaOutput.so are present

Apparently you need the decklink driver installed, so depending on your distro you might need to install that. Do you need the “Film, television and live events” type of project? You might also be able to just disable that one particular plugin in your projects uproject file.

I want to use unreal for animation movies, I do need the “Film, television and live events” type of project but I do not need the BlackMagicMedia camera. How can I disable that plugin?
I am using Pop_OS, an Ubuntu based distro. I think it’s easier to disable that plugin then to install the decklink drivers.

In the .uproject file (it is a text file) in your project directory go down and search for BlackmagicMedia and change the Enabled value from true to false