Unreal Engine 4.26 released!

Soo, in the mesh, Uv Generation Tool says Unrecognize tab…

Anyone else getting crashes with old landscapes? Getting this crash when pressing play, unless removing whole landscape. I got one level working by enabling landscape layers, adding river and saving, but no success yet with bigger map. Still not sure what I did to get the small one working, but its landscape related. Landscape layers seem to be very heavy on with bigger resolution landscapes. Blueprint brushes bring FPS to 1 per 10 second and end up with gpu driver crash (using 2080ti, ryzen 3900, 64Gb ram). Is there way to use layers with streaming levels?
[2020.12.04-18.46.18:444][586]LogWindows: Error: Fatal error: [File:D:/Build/++UE4/Sync/Engine/Source/Runtime/RenderCore/Private/RenderingThread.cpp] [Line: 907]
[2020.12.04-18.46.18:444][586]LogWindows: Error: Rendering thread exception:
[2020.12.04-18.46.18:444][586]LogWindows: Error: Assertion failed: (void*)((&ElementData[InstanceIndex]) + 1) <= (void*)(InstanceTransformDataPtr + CurrentSize) [File:D:\Build++UE4\Sync\Engine\Source\Runtime\Engine\Public\StaticMeshResources.h] [Line: 1618]

I have found the “chaos destruction demo”. Says it will work with 4.26.0. I need help.

I wonder how then workflows based on texture blending with vertex painting that use tessellation will translate to Nanite. I use this extensively on objects with Megascans assets and it’s great for creating interesting material blends that also affect the topology of the geometry as you paint them, without having to model the geometry. This is for cinematic projects so performance is generally not an issue. I know I could achieve the same with other external tools (e.g. Quixel Mixer or Substance Painter) but doing it in engine is much more efficient.

Looks like ‘Emissive boost’ is kind of broken. ‘Use Emissive for Static Lighting’ is working, but setting ‘Emissive Boost’ to different values has no effect.

PS. I use GPU Lightmass.

Most of the regular lightmass settings are not yet supported but it’s coming in the future

So, they got animated meshes working? Because otherwise it’s still needed…

Thank you !
do you have gpulightmass docs ?

Hi, not sure if this is normal behavior but…
If you drop into a level skylight or hdribackdrop. and switch the skylight to static, then it’s reflection in raytracing is always as if it was set to stationary. This can be solved by saving and restarting the editor.

Same here if I follow the usual instructions (Landscape->Allow Edit Layers->Add water body) but if I open the example water test level in the plugin content I can copy and paste the lake and river from that map into mine and have it show up just fine. Then I can easily break it again by playing around with different options, then once it disappears it doesn’t come back unless I delete and copy from the sample map again.

The underwater material seems to work though, so if I dive below the invisible surface, it still puts me underwater.

I also have an issue with rivers causing insane GPU artifacting (landscape becomes a random mess, random flashing colours, many buttons disappear etc) but that persists after closing and restarting the editor so I’m assuming that’s a hardware issue that I need to look at.

Thanks, for posting this, great rundown of the new water!

If you drop volumetric clouds to world then by **default **there is always weird slice corner over head, needs a heavy reconfigure to get rid of it. Nothing serious, but out of box clouds should look fine too.

](filedata/fetch?id=1839451&d=1607169040)

Anybody managed to make foam work?

This happens because one of the textures doesn’t tile seamlessly, all you have to do is use a different texture.

Anyone was able to use fluid simulation? I tried on the default Fluid Simulation level and it doesn’t work.

Hey, I have this issue - is it the volumetric texture? If so, where do you get another one from?

Chaos Fracture Mode not appered in Modes. All plugins switched on.

Packaging and Launching on Quest 1/2 :

OpenGL 3.1 : Crash on Launch
Vulkan : Launches normally

Also Material Override on Vulkan doesn’t affect the packaged project

Hi,

I have one simple project with UMG widgets, I can play the level on PIE (New Window) without problems, but when I close the PIE window the UE4.26 Editor crash with this error:
Assertion failed: GIsPlayInEditorWorld [File:D:/Build/++UE4/Sync/Engine/Source/Editor/UnrealEd/Private/Editor.cpp] [Line: 839]
(UE4Editor_Core, UE4Editor_UnrealEd, UE4Editor_Slate, UE4Editor)

I didn’t have time to reproduce this error on an external project or download the sources to check this line, just posting here to see if anyone else is having the same error.

Not a volume texture (but you can make volume textures with the Volumetrics plugin)

Red channel is the bottom layer of the clouds, green channel is the big draping plumes.

As you can see, the default texture does not tile:

Just replace it and it will work fine.
image_208762.jpg