Unreal Engine 4.26 crash on startup

I have a laptop (constantly plugged in and in full-power mode) running a 6 core 12 threads Ryzen 5 4600H + Radeon RX 5600M 6go + 16 gb of 3200 mhz ram and unreal crashes on every single startup. I get the following crash report : (I have disabled my antivirus btw)

Fatal error: [File:D:/Build/++UE4/Sync/Engine/Source/Runtime/D3D12RHI/Private/D3D12Util.cpp] [Line: 671] hr failed at D:/Build/++UE4/Sync/Engine/Source/Runtime/D3D12RHI/Private/Windows/WindowsD3D12Viewport.cpp:224 with error E_INVALIDARG

UE4Editor_D3D12RHI
UE4Editor_D3D12RHI
UE4Editor_D3D12RHI
UE4Editor_SlateRHIRenderer
UE4Editor_SlateCore
UE4Editor_Slate
UE4Editor_Slate
UE4Editor_Slate
UE4Editor_Slate
UE4Editor_Slate
UE4Editor_UnrealEd
UE4Editor_UnrealEd
UE4Editor_UnrealEd
UE4Editor
UE4Editor
UE4Editor
UE4Editor
UE4Editor
kernel32
ntdll

Now I’m left with Unreal Engine stuck and I can’t use it.
Goodbye

I have nothing to say, if you want to leave using Unreal Engine but

Do you have IntelHD Graphics Card in your laptop, if you have could you please disable it from device manager and try to reopen again?

I have a AMD graphic chipset in my laptop as well as a full out graphics card. In windows Graphics settings, I set unreal engine to use high performance (GPU). My laptop screen is driven by the integrated graphic chipset so I can’t disable it because I won’t be able to see my screen anymore.

As I said in the post, I have a Radeon GPU that is set to be used by Unreal Engine, I reinstalled all my drivers and I installed Unreal Engine 3 times with each time my antivirus turned off. I have a laptop so no overclocking.

I just realized that when I launch Unreal Engine, I can hear 4 beeps in a row … Have you any idea what that is? I have never heard it anywhere else

ok I have faced this question so much, recent one solved by “deleting and reinstalling, updating intel graphics driver” as in see here.

The reason could be as follows:

Outdated Unreal Engine: The most probable cause is where the Unreal Engine is not updated to the latest build and is not able to communicate with other system components which might be updated recently. It can also be the other way around.

Antivirus software: There are numerous antivirus software out there which tend to block the Unreal Engine, hence marking a false positive. This is very common and can be solved by either creating a whitelist or disabling it.

Outdated Device Drivers: Another probable cause as to why this issue occurs is that your device drivers are either corrupt or outdated. In both cases, reinstalling or updating the drivers work.

Incomplete Steam Files: Steam often works with Unreal Engine. If its game/installation files are corrupt or incomplete, you will experience the error message under discussion.

NVIDIA GeForce Settings: These modules are also known to conflict with the game. Disabling the module or disabling specific settings usually solves the problem.

Overclocking: Overclocking might give your PC the push it needs but is known to cause issues or conflicts with heavy resource-consuming applications. Disabling Overclocking might do the trick for you.

Default Graphics card: The default graphics card usually disables itself when a dedicated one with more power is running. However, in several cases, it might be active alongside the dedicated graphics card and cause conflicts which will further cause issues.

Source

My laptop screen is driven by the
integrated graphic chipset so I can’t
disable it because I won’t be able to
see my screen anymore.

I dont think it will disable your screen in total, it will get help from your radeon gpu. You dont need to reinstall unreal engine. Just try to disable it from device manager ? It will not harm dont worry.