Unreal Engine 4.25 Won't Launch

Hi all,

My engine doesn’t opening anymore after initializing 100%. there is no error, just nothing happened and get me back to Epic Game window. I tried verify the engine files, turn on or off administrator, and I downloaded 4.24 version, it won’t launch as well.

It works fine yesterday, I didn’t update Graphic Driver or Windows, it just won’t launch anymore today. Can anyone help

You have diffrent issue then question, you most likely UE4 compiling shader which takes time. There no other way they just wait. Once done the shaders are cached and it will start faster. You can supervise the process if you start UE4Editor.exe with -LOG commend line option, you see what engine exactly is doing.

Same problem. Ridiculous. Stuck at 39% forever but worked fine yesterday. 100% of CPU being used. Closing RealTek Audio doesn’t work. Running as administrator doesn’t work. Restarting computer doesn’t work. WTF Epic Games? Why is the newest version of Unreal the worst?

Check Saved/Log directory in you project directory. Without information form there we can just wild guess

Thanks A LOT!

@anonymous_user_f5a50610
Yes, so after about an hour it finished after being stuck at 39%. It was the shader compiling on the initial startup. Just had to be patient, very patient. FYI everyone who sees this thread. Might take an hour or more and look stuck… but its not.

Same… stuck at 39%… wont launch

i had this same issue, what i did to fix it:

1. let it finish downloading and installing, then just let it sit for 5-10 minutes MINIMIZED
  2. then re-maximize it, it should prompt “unreal engine 4 project files are not associated”
  3. click yes associate
  4. wait like 5-10 seconds for it to associate, then close down the launcher
  5. re-open the launcher
  6. then it worked for me